Agnostic.com

4 11

LINK ‘We’re getting attacked.’ Even before COVID-19, doctors faced online harassment, including death threats. The pandemic makes it worse

Even before COVID-19, doctors faced harassment just for sharing health information. Now, in a pandemic where even evidence-based suggestions such as wearing masks and socially distancing have become political, doctors open their social media in a weary time only to find more anger.

I wish there was a way to taser trolls through the computer! Or at least trace these accounts and publish names, so that doctors might refuse these assholes as patients and let their worthless selves die.

Picture: Dr. Shikha Jain, director of oncology communication and digital innovation at the University of Illinois Cancer Center, in Chicago on Jan. 5, 2021. Jose M. Osorio / Chicago Tribune

altschmerz 9 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We never had all these diseases before dem dare doctors went discovered them, the bastards!

The verb "to get" is replacing the verb "to be". "To get" is easier to conjugate even for the native born.

ok i know that this is not what you have been raised with, but allopaths sell remedies for symptoms, and do not really give a shit about patients, cures, or causes of disease; that would get them kicked out of the AMA lol. They don't even live as long as the rest of us! So i mean bam go to someone who will likely not live as long as you will for health advice if you want, be sceered of a virus with a 99.9% survival rate if you want, but at least maybe understand that there are other, probably better perspectives out there ok
"dead doctors don't lie"

that Dr up there never told anyone "if you have cancer, you are acidic" in her life, see, bc then she would no longer be able to work as a doctor in a Murrica

doctors face harassment for sharing health information that is full of shit, with all due respect. Doctors recommend smoking Camels.

@altschmerz ha well follow the money eh, where is the financial incentive for that?

and i know some quite decent MDs myself, sure
but as a group they won't live as long as us, don't need a study for that!

"dead doctors don't lie" follow that study--if it hasnt been obliterated yet anyway

"Doctors recommend smoking Camels"???? Yeah, in 1950, on a B&W 6" TV screen...........have you not been out of Mommy's basement for That long?

@bbyrd009 have you ever thought that maybe the very long hours,the stress of dealing with life & death every day, and, oh, i dunno, constant exposure to billions of diseases, bacteria, & viruses, is what causes doctors to die somewhat younger than many? Duuuuuhhhhhhhhhh.......

@AnneWimsey 1950 idc, the point is still valid imo; allopaths are clueless symptom-treaters, who know virtually nothing about "health," and many/most of them would even admit as much i think

and at post 2, you might be right there, sure!

@bbyrd009 like chiropractors, a High School diploma, and about 2 years of school, or a bit over a year online, and they can call themselves " Doctor"...but they cannot prescribe actual medicines,so they make up yarns & peddle snake oil to the gullible

How would that help patients?

Wow

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:569620
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.