Agnostic.com

17 5

Are intelligent people mostly introverted?

I've read a few studies that intelligent people are mostly introverted and don't have very many friends. This seems to fit me to a T. Not very many people want to talk to me or have an intellectual conversation with me. Most people ignore me on Facebook or are too busy to talk, or hang out in real life. Are there more people out there with the same problem?

Sarahroo29 8 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

if you are on the far right end of the bell curve in intelligence I think trying to relate to those to the left might be less fulfilling. SOmetimes it might be easier to play alone

Okay.

I'm an INTJ but I think intelligence is only a measure of our potential and that's all.

Maybe ... how do we qualify this ?

I don't go out much. I stay at home or go to wotk. I'm not intelligent so, I probably don't.

No.... your not informed on certain issues. You are intelligent...

I think most intellectuals ae introverted.

I am.

Me, me! While I'm not so introverted, I find it tough to hold a long-standing Convo with people unless I really dumb it down.... But I do fit the other qualifications of someone that knows you much: I'm up all night, I'm a horrible housekeeper and I swear like a sailor just denied shore leave... If you smoke, il smoke you up someone and et can talk about it... The springs are only an hour away

I don't smoke weed. I'm down to chill. I do work a lot though.

Young and working to save money is a great quality.

maybe being introverted allows you time to use your intelligence for more than socializing.

turf Level 5 Nov 29, 2017

I don't get out much.

That's ok right now. Save your money. It always helps to fall back on it when something happens to your job. It's calls cushion. I got my son doing the same thing.

Hey there Sara, you may intimidate them. Find a level to communicate with them. You don't have to stay at that level. Play it by ear. I met a quarterback that made straight a's in school. The team loved him. So did the school. Great all around guy. He used his intelligence when he needed it. I don't think i know all the big words to show off on this forum. If i did, I would not use them. I try to keep it simple. Even when I have the answers.

Okay, thanks.

I would say that there is no correlation between the two. I would say that intelligent extroverts are intelligent in a different way than introverts.

Thanks for letting me know.

your more than welcome

yes, i feel the same but I don't care too much. I spent way too long trying to fit in with sheep and I never could because I'm not one.

Okay.

Yes we're out here. I feel we communicate on a level most can't comprehend and leads to a lot of alone time. The majority of people never advance or educate themselves. They're content with what that are.

question everything. I call it being real.

sheeple, happy in there little pretend bubble with there fake friends

Hmmm. I think being an introvert can help one be more aware of their surroundings, due to their ability of being able to observe more around them then the ones that's more social, but I wouldn't say introverts are a lot more smarter. I'm the same like you on Facebook. Lol people ignore me all the time on Facebook, but I hope it all gets better. People can really be a bummer at times.

Thank you.

most people are assholes they really are. I love people watching though. its cheaper than a zoo and nothing surprises me about humans anymore.

Thank the stars I don't care what people think of me. I can be both, introvert and extrovert. I have my smart moments, and as I get older and my memory continues to fail, Im getting dumber. I avoid peopling out in public, and I maintain a lot of friendships by chatting. I think the smarter you are, the less inclined you are to deal with drama and bs.

Introverted and extroverted, being both is called being an ambivert.

actually, i must be an ambivert as I'm not backwards in being forwards but I don't have many actual friends really.

actually, most people haven't got many friends they just think they have because a lot of people may be in there lives that they call friends.

I have had similar experiences in life. I don't see intelligence correlated with introversion, but it can exacerbate the social challenges of an introvert since many people won't connect with what is interesting to you.

won't connect with or may even consider it

I'm like you.

Thanks.

No, I don't think so. Introversion is a personality matter, not one of intelligence.

It seems to me that it has less to do with the level of intelligence than with personality. Introverts seem more comfortable in one-on-one conversations, discussing serious topics deeply. Extraverts seem to be less interested in those long conversations, needing more variety and/or excitement to keep them engaged. But extraverts can be brilliant, just expressing it in different ways.

I find that most people are too shallow or too lazy or both to have a real conversation. There are plenty of good people to talk though. Just keep yourself open to the possibilities.

Okay. Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5698
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.