Agnostic.com

2 15

You don't need a gawwdd!

TimeOutForMe 8 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many, many religious people certainly do lack both, empathy and morals. When you believe that no matter what you do your god will forgive you as long as you worship him and say you’re sorry, there isn’t much incentive to be a truly good person.

You are soooo righttt!!!

If a conscience is not innate, then the instinct to teach it to our young is.

Those that don't have a conscience keep on looking backwards. My words have always been " I have a conscience, I can walk forward without looking backward". 😊

@TimeOutForMe I envy you. I'm tortured not by my past, but by my shortcoming which made that past possible, and clouds my future. This is not my conscience speaking, but the sense my shortcomings are intractable and the past is destined to be my future.

@TimeOutForMe I will say I wish I could learn from my past without it dominating my life. Everybody makes mistakes. Does that mean sociopaths are fortunate, because the past doesn't bother them, but people with conscience are consumed by it?
Only if sociopaths can't see right and wrong applies to them, and 'succeed,' is their psychopathy relevant. I think a system of reward-punishment applies on some level. Maybe it's a mental illness which allows them to do what they do. It's not my problem.
I'll embrace my imperfections and slog on.

@Storm1752

"I'll embrace my imperfections" is a good way to move on πŸ‘ and make a rewarding difference to self or other along the way 😊

@TimeOutForMe But easier said than done. I SAY I'll "embrace my imperfections," but that's more of a hopeful aspiration than a reality.

@Storm1752 you know best about You then 😊

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570367
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.