Agnostic.com

4 3

This was incredibly beautiful and creative. I was fearing the photos 45 would be distributing showing his small 2017 crowd and a non-existent one for 2021, with the LOSER boasting his crowd was bigger. Nope... Biden's was bigger, much bigger, but it was populated by the fatalities that 45 caused and turned his back on. This is a beautiful and iconic photo that will be meaningful to all Americans, forever.

mtnhome 7 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I loved this. This was the best possible way to welcome our new president. It was beautiful.

Agreed. I didn't watch the show, but the stills were incredible. I love that they cobbled such beautiful imagery together in no time at all and pulled it off without a hitch. Gives me a good feeling about what will happen going forward. Now, let's not overlook that 45 and many of his crime family need some jail time.

The fireworks display that could be enjoyed safely on TV was fun, too.
I think attention and a planned approach to COVID will make a huge difference. It was denial, neglect, and incompetence that let the virus get a foothold. A federal program to coordinate testing, vaccination and prevention has worked in other places, so they should work here.

So how long do you think it will be before Biden makes a significant impact on the infection and death rates? A month? Will rates be halved or almost eliminated in a month? It would be great to see problem fixed in a month or so.

Springish at the earliest.

@1of5 Why so long? I thought this was something that the former Pres. was flubbing and Biden offerred use a new approach to take care of it all.

@Flowerwall The former president flubbed it so badly there's no vaccine distribution plan at all so there isn't even a framework to modify/build upon. [news.google.com]

Vaccine stockpiles are lower than advertised, there is still a large # of people who will refuse to mask up and social distance, and "plauge fatigue" is only going to make that worse as businesses open outside of guidelines. Its still winter and people are trapped inside together increasing risk of transmission.
The virus continues to mutate into much more transmitable variants, with 1 variant having folks concerned about the vaccines effectiveness against it.
The lag between effective measures and dropping the death toll is about 6 to 8 weeks. Spring is what, 10 to 12 weeks away?

@1of5 Okay Trump's not Pres anymore. Remember Inaugertation Day? Why are you thinking about his plans NOW? He got the vaccine all Dem critics thought was not possible. Biden does have it figured out now though, right? He's not walking in unaware. What's his improved plan?? I would expect something truly innovative given the hype others expressed regarding his competence in this regard.

@Flowerwall I'm sorry, I didn't realize Biden could just snap his fingers and fix everything. My mistake.

I do remember the inaguration, jackass. I also remember who was in charge for the last 4 years and the ineptitude he left as his legacy. I'm really sorry your guy couldn't get it done, and in all honesty if Biden should be able to bring this under control in a month or so why wasn't Trump able too do it months ago? Oh yeah, he's incompetent and actually hasn't even been presidenting for the last 2 months.

Claiming Trump did anything besides throw money at the vaccine is idiotic.

[cnn.com]

@1of5 During a health crisis is blaming and name calling REALLY appropriate? C'mon keep your cool. Be respectful. I don't want politicians worrying about what the other guy did at this point. I just read of Biden "Notably, the plan includes investing in new treatments for Covid-19. Earlier in the day, a member of Biden’s Covid-19 advisory board, Dr. Celine Gounder, said public health officials have been focusing too much on treatments such as monoclonal antibodies and Gilead Sciences’ antiviral drug remdesivir. Monoclonal antibodies, in particular, have had a lukewarm response from health-care providers, often sitting unused, according to U.S. officials."

Again it's increased SPENDING, but logistics, innovation that does not involve pouring more billions on, seems absent. This was an initial criticism of Trump's science peoples' response too. But you seem to be defensive when any aspect gets questioned of how new administration is proceeding. If Biden can get this under control rapidly I will give him credit. The question is - Can he?

Also new reports of 80% effectiveness in preveting new infections with new drug. With a good plan and available vaccines and drugs I would expect this thing substantially contained in a month. All community living environments should be first in line as this is primary source of spread. Healthcare workers too, of course. CDC should be using contact tracing identify at risk spots. Get there first. I have seen instances of vaccine being administered already, what's the problem?
[apnews.com]

@Flowerwall when you asked remember inaguration day you lost any respect from me. Jackass.
Here's the problem, spelled out by people working on it instead of "what you expect".

[cnn.com]

@1of5 "you lost any respect from me" Okay, discussion over.

@Flowerwall did you even read the article, or you just tucking your tail and running?

@1of5 "tucking your tail" would mean I didn't have anything left to say. NOT TRUE. i don't care to engage in dialogue with someone who seems to devalue a person based on finding disagreeance with a singular expression. You won't be receptive to any new ideas with that state of mind anyway. Your time would be better spent in discussions where your frame of mind is different from what it is here.

On a positive note, I do agree with the Biden decision mandating masks on public travel. Planes, trains, buses. Absolutely neccessary and a good call.

Biden will be a weak president and won’t do as good a job as Trump as he is controlled by the left. Hell he can’t even get the teachers to go back to school because the teachers unions don’t want them to. They’d rather sit on their ass and draw a check just like a lot of other people who voted for the looney democrats!

Flushed clean.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:570778
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.