Agnostic.com

4 0

Azzow2 posed this question in the group "Delicate Snowflakes" that has me blocked:
"What do you think the number of people who voted for Biden realizes he was one of the 77 that voted for Desert Storm?"
I'd be willing to bet it is almost the exact same number that still wouldn't have changed their vote to that trainwreck piece of shit Trump if they had. What do you other non-snowflakes think?

ChestRockfield 8 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bidens vote and others was based on manufactured intell by the bush administration... They were duped... As for those voting for trump... Stupid is as stupid does

That's a really good point.

"Snowflake" group blocking you says more about them than a vote 30 years ago along with an overwhelming majority of the Senate says about Biden. Fuckem

Agreed. Thank you for your input.

Im not sure your comparison is valid. Both are fallaciously contrived events, but for different reasons.

Desert Storm was a contrived war to control the flow and price of oil in the Middle East. Sadam Hussein was lulled into thinking he could attack Kuwait with impunity to expand his empire. This was the staged pretext to use as the excuse for taking control of the Iraqi oil fields.

trump was an overreaction by middle class whites (especially white males) to perceived loss of economic and cultural power in our society. He was a stooge for the large corporations that were actually the reason for the economic plight and loss of power of his followers. He played to the fears and suppressed racisms of this group.

Wait, my comparison? The conservatives are asking how many Biden voters knew he was part of the better than ¾ of the Senate that voted in favor of Desert Storm. I'm saying they wouldn't have cared either way because judging something from a long time ago with hindsight is irrelevant compared to eliminating a clear and present danger to our citizens and our democracy.

@JeffMurray

Gotcha, I didn't get that meaning when I read it.

No new wars, the best economy is history, and the highest black and Hispanic vote for a Republican isn’t what I would call a “train wreck”.
I’m personally watching everything Biden has done in his first few days and enjoying the ensuing train wreck. I hope the democrats get absolutely everything they voted for.

This is going to be a fun four years.

First, I think it's hilarious you're bragging about % of the black vote.
Second, what you said isn't even true. "PolitiFact | Blunt’s wrong: Trump did not get the highest minority vote percentage in 0 years" [politifact.com]
Finally, the "greatest economy" nonsense had also been fact checked. "PolitiFact | Donald Trump’s dubious statement about presiding over ‘the greatest economy’ in history" [politifact.com]

These are just Republican talking points and not valid under closer inspection.

trump inherited an economy that was aready rebounding when trump took over. A closer look at the actual growth and jobs numbers shows both were stronger under Obama.

trump's removal of regulations came at what long term consequences. It made the top 1% richer, but it made the country and the planet poorer. We may never recover from some of the environmental damage that many of trump's deregulation has done.

He destroyed his own economy by the way he handled the pandemic. The white trash loved his bluster and ignored the fact that he had his hand in their back pockets stealing their wallets.

Regarding the increased number of new jobs for minorities is one of quantity, not quality. Yes he increased the number of jobs, but they were not an improvement in the standard of living with that increase. The jobs all came in the low end of the service industry. They were mostly substandard wages, without any benefits or protections. It still took minorities having to work two to three jobs to make ends meet. He did very little improve the overall plight of the group he loves to incorrectly tout.

@t1nick

It’s going to be a comical four years.

@CourtJester

Yes you are still around

@t1nick

It was $1.98 a month ago.

@CourtJester

And you consider that an argument. Gas prices at the pump are determined by the a number of factors, not just what party is de jour at the time.

However, there are fundamental drivers of the price.

The general rule, according to the EIA, is that about two-thirds of your cost of gas at the pump is determined by crude oil cost.

The rest is a combination of taxes, refining, distribution and marketing.

These are ultimately just some of the 11 factors we determined influence gas prices.

[businessinsider.com]

@t1nick it’s simple supply and demand. Biden just signed to cut supply, thus increasing demand.

Loving it. Absolutely loving it.

@CourtJester

Please think deeper. Continually skimming the surface by you gets tedious and old.

@t1nick Prove me wrong.

Beautiful.

@CourtJester

Jobs lost on the pipeline are easily made up in the clean energy industry. If you can turn a wrench on a pipeline, you can turn a wrench on a wind turbine. Clean energy,as of right now, employee more than two times more people than the fossil fuel industry. Think beyond tomorrow morning and your hangover. Besides the tar sand oils coming down from Canada through the pipeline are not slated for the American market anyway.

@t1nick Hahaha. I’m not even a laborer and I know that’s a retarded statement

@CourtJester

I have worked on the rigs in the oil patch and I know the skills needed to turn a wrench and smart enough to know that re-training for the clean energy doesn't entail a new method of wrench turning.

It appears your thoughts still remain as superficial as always. I didn't think I could become any more disappointed in you as I already was. But your apparent lack of imagination has proven me wrong. Happy hangover.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:571338
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.