Agnostic.com

29 5

How long to wait before going on dates?

My wife of 22 years and I separated last July and our divorce should be finalized next month so I'm curious how others handled it after getting a divorce? We have 2 adult children.

mebeb32 5 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I started dating before my ex decided to leave me. She had agreed to, but ultimately couldn't handle the open relationship I had demanded.

Totally amicable split, and I'm financially supporting the hell out of her. We still love each other, in fact, but can't finalize the divorce for at least another 5 months.

Love and total commitment are not the same. One can love without being committed, and one can be committed without loving.

@Petter With her not being lesbian, and me not being a man, and her not being a man, we were left with some technical difficulties that we couldn't overcome.

@MollyBell That can be awkward! Here's a related, humorous Limerick I wish I had written:-

A masculine girl from Khartoum
Took a feminine man to her room.
They argued all night
As to who had the right
To do what, and with which, and to whom.

@Petter Cute ?

I have found with myself and my friends that as soon as we are sure it is over, start dating. Life is short.

Take your time... travel around. Do things. Meet people. Date only if they are the one that might get away. Use protection all the time. What's the hurry?

One day you will wake up and feel "It's time".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:57312
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.