Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK State Voting Laws | Brennan Center for Justice

"Legislators in 28 states have introduced, prefiled, or carried over 106 bills that would make it harder for individuals to vote . . . Legislators in 35 states have introduced, prefiled, or carried over more than 400 bills that, if enacted, would make it easier for people to vote."

How long will SCOTUS allow restrictive voting laws to exist in states?

AnonySchmoose 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"One in four voters isn't registered"? Well how can THAT even be possible when voter turnout rates were 75- 80% of all people of voting age by population in places. In those places that would mean virtually all registered voters voted, which is not possible.

Also, what is this about "In a backlash to historic voter turnout in the 2020 general election, and grounded in a rash of baseless and racist allegations of voter fraud ..." What is the "racist" part? Is this what anyone who questions is labeled now? Using such a blanket statement for an obviously complex, huge issue as the security of elections held across 50 states with 50 different state laws is a clear cut attempt to discredit any citizen who expresses concern about free and fair elections and possible voter fraud. So this level of manipulation is not speaking well for the true aims of the organization to want "free and fair elections", it sounds more like an organization attempting to paint all who question with their brush as a class of no good, demon, racists. I mean talk about trying to control all public thought! Here it is! Do people really think like this nowadays?

What are the specific laws? Why is absentee voting being pushed? Yes, when you are truly disabled, absentee voting is a valid option, but what are the fraud risks associated with it? Are there really NONE? It's like every single law has been prejudged for us and deemed good or bad. Can we form out own opinions, please? Where is the info? Most all of the legislation has pros and cons, I would assume. It's like this part of the information is just skipped right over.

And in my opinion, every time the word racist is used to define something without offering any shred of evidence, as was done here in this article, I am going to count that as a negative against the party making the claim. The authors here have a duty to present us with some type of evidence, otherwise I feel I am being purposely subjected to deliberate mischaracterization of others.

This type of Voting restrictions is incredible. That's not democracy

I rather think that is the point.

It encourages me that 35 states have introduced over 400 bills that would make it easier for people to vote.

@AnonySchmoose How many States Will pass those Bills????
It only takes 1 legislator to introduce a Bill. It's takes a Majority to pass one.

@dermot235
You are wise to ask. I wonder that too, and how many legislators and activists will make the public aware that a travesties might occur in some states. I work about this a lot, as it seems that not enough is being done to combat it happening, though the 400 bills in 35 states for easier voting are encouraging. That is why we need a mass movement with all social sectors.

. . . to clarify, these are NOT-YET laws. 😛

NO, not yet, or not ever, hopefully.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.