Agnostic.com

4 0

I am convinced that you get stronger as you age. When I was in my 20’s, I struggled to carry $35 worth of groceries. Yet in my mid 60’s, I can easily carry $200 worth!

Just my wife and I spend $200+ on groceries per week. Curious, how does this compare to you?

Canndue 8 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We are a family of 3 with a teen boy and we spend roughly $180/wk. Located in NY. I remember in the early 2000's you could fill a cart for about $40. You can't do that anymore.

Ain’t that the truth. Teenage boys alone eat what a couple would!

I'm also mid 60's and eat well but pretty cheaply by myself. I spend about $75 per week on groceries. Plus I go out once or twice a week and spend around $25 on my restaurant food per week.

So double that for a couple ~$150
Looked at some ribeyes this week, one steak ranges from $24-34

@Canndue I eat steak about once a year. Last time was a steak and crab meal prepared by one of my favorite take out restaurants, less than $25 for the whole meal and oh was it tasty! Saved part of it for lunch the next day. Cost of living is pretty high where I live, but I do pretty well good quality eats for fairly cheap.

You are 100% right. I could write a thesis here on why but would suffice to say that I don't want to go back to the days of poverty, shortages, uncertainty,

I am definitely stronger financially, emotionally, even healthwise today than I ever was.

I am well over 65 and my wife and I eat well spending an average of less than $120.00 per week for groceries and cleaning supplies

What part of country? NH here. Haven’t been able to get it that low, but I’m probably not a good shopper..

@Canndue Florida

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:573967
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.