Agnostic.com

2 0

RE: Gina Carino's termination from Disney's "The Mandalorian"

We should really examine the tweet in question.

Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors... even by children... Because history is edited, most people today don't realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?"

Legit.
Not-anti-Semitic.
Good point as well.

I think it's a pretty liberal (pun intended) interpretation to claim that when she said "not by Nazi soldiers" she was denying the holocaust or denying the role Nazis had in it, as evidenced by her follow-up 'nazi soldiers could easily round op"

I get that she's expressed anti-mask views, made fun of pronoun use, and hinted at support for election fraud (from what I could find, it was more about voter transperancy that claiming the election was stolen). However, she was NOT fired for any of those but for the tweet above.

Disney has every right to not want it's franchise associated with politics or views it doesn't support. It has every right to listen to it's fans, it's subscription base, and act accordingly. Yet as much as I'm not a fan of the over-use of "cancel culture" as a derogatory term, IMO, this is a good example of "cancel culture" in the full derogatory nature of that term.

TheMiddleWay 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Regardless of laws, it has always been dangerous to speak out against the culture of your employer.

In the UK if you got fired for saying things like that, you could easily bring a suit against your employer.

Just for fun though, I could answer her question with. The difference is, that you can change your political views, but not the culture of your birth. Having said that I don't know that it really excuses hating a person.

@TheMiddleWay No I did not say your culture. I said the culture you were 'born into', very specifically, meaning not the culture you choose. In other words the culture pseudo-race that the Nazis would put you in, not the one you chose yourself, that was the point.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:575692
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.