Agnostic.com

3 1

I work in a hospital and I see a lot of shit. Young people dying from cancer. Nice people with permanent brain damage. Lots of despair. While some people cope better with religion I also see that as denial of their situation. But overall I have to say humans are very resilient.

ClaudioFreitas 2 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

religion is good for a few unfortunates and has done some very good work in the past. It just shouldn't be used to make policy in the 21st century. Although us atheists had better do some altruistic deeds soon or we'll look pretty selfish

Having been in-patient and once dying of leukemia myself religion never played a part in my recovery. The obliging chaplain would come in-I never denied my situation. Maybe thats how I survived.

What is their "situation" exactly?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5762
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.