Agnostic.com

6 11

America just allowed fascism to thumb its nose at democracy.

I figure the chances of that democracy surviving another Republican administration...
are nearing zero.

I'd like nothing better than to be proven wrong.

skado 9 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sad day in history

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 15, 2021

with cruz spouting his sedition loud and clear and the sedition 8 its would be hard
ol Moscow too could have turned the tide had he endorsed impeachment strongly but that wasn't gonna happen he was clearly riding the fence

I agree that these times are very dangerous as they concern democracy.
Corruption and ignorance seem insurmountable and commonplace.
We can hope American democracy survives, if we make our voices heard.

I've been saying that for a while now. Most likely whoever gets the nod will have designs on authoritarian rule and if the electorate is dumb enough to vote him in, there's a good chance he'll be successful.

You are not wrong, my friend, and most seem to be missing this fact. They are looking at the trees instead of the rot.

You didn't think 17 Republicans would vote to convict? Did you? I actually think 7 was a lot. I would say that if Trump had been re-elected you would be right. We dodged a big one. If Biden can stay healthy for the next four years I think he'll get re-elected. If he dies, which can happen to 78-81 year old man, we're doomed. Our democracy hinges on one man. I believe that. I also think he was the only candidate to stop Trump. He did.

No, I didn't expect otherwise.

I imagine a President Harris loses to a Trump '24 run...

@JeffMurray I don't think there will be a Trump run, but if he runs against Biden, he'll lose.

@barjoe laws are being tweeked to make it harder for democrats again so efforts to get out the vote are going to have to continue with vigor they are cheating at a higher rate than ever before and we have to be vigilant

I knew there would not be enough members of the gop to convict, I was hoping they would just not show up for the vote since 2/3s of the Senate present would vote I did the math once but forget the number needed to sit out the vote with 7 voting for. Does not matter now, everyone who is against fascism will ave to work as Stacy Abramson did in Georgia to help make sure everyone who wants to vote has a chance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576464
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.