Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK GOP Sen. Ron Johnson Says Capitol Riot 'Didn’t Seem Like An Armed Insurrection To Me' | HuffPost

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) faced backlash and accusations of gaslighting after he downplayed the deadly U.S. Capitol riot and questioned its description as an armed insurrection.

In a radio interview on Monday with Jay Weber, Johnson said he condemned the Jan. 6 violence carried out by a mob of then-President Donald Trump’s supporters that left five people dead.

But Johnson claimed he didn’t feel threatened at any point.

“This didn’t seem like an armed insurrection to me,” the Trump ally said.

(follow link for audio of interview)

snytiger6 9 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He’s a Trumptards and probably a card carrying member of at least one of militant groups that were there that day. Of course he wasn’t worried, he probably left snack trays for them in his office!

The Stupid is strong in this one

I cannot believe some of the stupidity that he spouts

You hit the nail on the head with that comment.

He's a walking conspiracy. He's going after the Qanon vote. I hope they don't run Russ Feingold again, his time had come and gone. Wisconsin Democrats need to unite behind the strongest possible candidate to defeat this crumb in 2022.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:576769
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.