Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK Ted Cruz Confirms He's In Cancun Appalled That People Would Begrudge Him a Family Vacation

He's basking in the sun, not worried about all the Texans he represents, who are suffering.

barjoe 9 Feb 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are his daughters allowed the trip? Or should everyone be telling them what to do too?

The thing about guys like you, if it was a senator you don't like, you'd be railing about this for YEARS! Are you sure you're an Atheist? I think you worship these crumbs.. Politician are open to criticism.

@barjoe If he was lounging in Cancun for a few days, I would think it was bad. It sounds like he just dropped the daughters off and came back next day. Can he be a parent AND a Sen.?

@Flowerwall You believe the Jeebus story too? He admits he changed his mind while the was down there. He said he felt bad. At first he came up with the parenting alibi. Keep making excuses for this crumb. I don't give him much thought.

@barjoe I believe ppl can be excessively judgemental and just WRONG. Look at this article. [thecut.com] Article mentions "while text messages obtained by the New York Times reportedly indicate that his wife, Heidi, wanted..." What does it mean? Is the NYT hacking into the Sen wife's phone? THAT is VERY troubling.

I am very sorry for what has befallen the people of Texas. I've had to manage without gas in zero degree weather for some days at one point in time (due to a gas leak that was detected) and it's difficult. I understand the Texans are even further stressed without the power to run alternate heat and even water lines freezing. It's a desperate situation. I don't know exactly how it will get fixed, but blaming Sen Cruz, saying he's "throwing his kids under bus" is unfair and inappropriate. I'm quite sure if any one individual had the power to fix it immediately, the person would do it.

@Flowerwall You won't admit that he made a mistake even though Ted Cruz publicly did. Heidi Cruz phone wasn't hacked. Somebody she texted, gave her up to NYT. Never send group texts. One of the recipients was either jealous or maybe annoyed by multiple notifications, or they were pissed at what her husband did. Have you heard of Constituent Services? I'm not saying he threw his kids "under the bus", he didn't think of that when he lied. My senator, Pat Toomey, you probably hate him now, has a hotline, we can call. He has staff for that as well. I'll tell you this, for ever time you defend him, I will post another negative Ted Cruzism.

@barjoe Again I will restate it, I an very sorry for what has befallen Texans. I think the media is out of line to start writing commentary about children and how Cruz parents them. Are there no boundaries on keeping children off limits in this kind of way? This article ought to be ASHAMED for making this claim about Sem Cruz children. I really feel our society is just TERRIBLE when stuff of this nature is openly tolerated. I would wish anyone in Texas could safely travel to a warmer place, but I am sure that it's not advisable for all as even traveling by road is not safe in some places due to storm. He is back now, so how does it all immediately get fixed now? He doesn't have the power, no one person does. The power company has to devise ways to get the equipment back up and the power distributed to those going without. Yes, he can assist in making phone calls, oversee efforts to help ppl get basic supplies, but much of this would be done via phone anyway.

@Flowerwall "This article ought to be ASHAMED for making this claim about Sem Cruz children."
Didn't know articles could feel shame. Ted Cruz made the claim about his children, he should feel ashamed. Now I gotta post another negative thing about Ted Cruz. I'm not ASHAMED lol

@barjoe "Didn't know articles could feel shame. " Just apply the natural extensions - authot, publications, ppl who feel it's okay to make statements like this involving minor children.

@Flowerwall Ted Cruz was the one who publicly bright up his kids. I'll have to find another negative link on Ted.

@Flowerwall You are just like the group email recipient who narced out Heidi Cruz. Her poor little poodle 🐩 Snowflake was left behind. Have a nice day.

@barjoe It's one thing for a parent who is a politician to bring up their own children. Quite another for a publication to accuse that politician of "throwing their children under the bus". It's a much bigger shame on the ones who choose to express those ideas than on Sen Cruz. Atleast the article I linked above is clearly self-descriptive in labeling itself "hypocrisy" near the title.

@barjoe I read a great a critique of the Left yesterday with regard to Vernon Jones. The idea being "Watch out!" when you express an idea that is not lock-step with the controlling powers of the party.

@Flowerwall It's semantics. He's the one who used his children as an excuse. Didn't he? Kids go along with their parents for vacation, not the other way around. I call bullshit.

@barjoe I agree Sen. Cruz needs to do everything in his power to get things up and running. Ppl's lives are at stake. I just can't agree with the constant attacks that seem to be the norm. When it involves children, no way. It seems the Left accepts this behaviour when it serves its own ends.

@Flowerwall

@barjoe This is meant as humor. I don't know how funny it is, coming from a politician, about another politician. I think politicians should stick to a little less dark humor. As leaders, their words carry more weight, even in a roast. How funny would it be if they all went around making jokes like this about each other?

@Flowerwall Everybody else seemed to laugh. Maybe you don't have a very good sense of humor.

@barjoe I wouldn't find it funny if the target were a Democrat eithet. Some things should just be off limits.

@Flowerwall I think it's ironic what a turncoat Lindsey Graham is. No loyalty. Donald Trump is another one, with Mike Pence. Republicans eat their young. If a Democrat would've said that, I wouldn't find it funny. When Lindsey Graham said it, it's kind of like black people using the "n" word.

@barjoe "kind of like black people using the "n" word." I don't think this is a comparison that should be made as in it's culturally insensitive. "N" word means different things to different ppl. I view the word one way, another views it another way, you may have a different opinion. I think I may possibly understand what you are trying to say, but I'm not even sure on that. I get you dislike Graham and Cruz and don't care what negative things are said between them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577218
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.