Agnostic.com

1 0

On the 17th we had maybe 12 trucks lining up outside the corporation I work for and they all had some sort of cleaning device mounted in the truck beds. I got it from a fellow worker that they were from 2 states, Ohio and one other, and they were headed to Texas to help during this freezing crisis. Writings on the windows showed that they were Trump supporters.

Texas governor Greg Abbott now claims that the energy problem Texas has is caused by renewable energy like wind turbines. In fact, Texas only has 10 percent of electricity supplied by wind turbines. This sort of claim would again have our two party system pointing fingers at each other rather than fix the problem. Jokes are made about turbines having blades that freeze and sun grids that are covered by snow and ice. Nobody takes time to see that states in other cold areas that have a bigger percentage of turbines or grids do not have this problem. There is much talk of "stressing the grid" and the power cycling they say will have to come into play if the stress does not stop.

Here is the real problem. Too much single digit or low double digit weather and too many people to supply power to. When I lived in Texas and it was 105 degrees outside people were trying to run the A/C at 70 degrees or below. This 35 degree difference was "stressing the grid." We went through this every summer. Now imagine Houston at 14 degrees and Dallas at 6 degrees. If your home had electric heat, or was heated by a heat pump, you would have either 66 degrees or 74 degrees to generate in order to be comfortable. This is certainly too much "stress on the grid." It is not going to work. Texas has to do something about it's energy supply system to fix this.

Any comments?

DenoPenno 9 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Greg Abbott is an ass. It like to flatten his tires.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:577637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.