Agnostic.com

5 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why on earth would anyone give tax exemptions to churches in the first place.

ALL churches should have to pay taxes.
Period.

Religion is nothing more than just another business and should be treated accordingly.

I agree, the taxes collected would help defray the healthcare costs, only fair. There should be a monetary penalty as all Canadians pay for and are covered for healthcare.

MizJ Level 8 Feb 28, 2021

That's fair, "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's,"

Unfortunately God never turns up to collect his share, so the chuches get to keep it.

Canada should break tax exempt status altogether. I think it could be done there.

@jnllhnry Churches do more harm than good.

@jnllhnry The church seeks power and throughout history they has been a source of hatred and oppression. They have robbed this country blind., they lynched blacks in the South. Look at the evangelicals trying to destroy our democracy. If you support the church, good for you. I sometimes pretend to be a Satanist just to piss off Xtians. I'm an Atheist and I am not interested in any kind of collective community, I belong to nothing. That being said. Jesus is a fictitious character. It may be easier to provide evidence of Satan's existence even though that's bullshit too. Hail Satan!

@jnllhnry I have found that 90% of Republicans are terrible, the other 10% tend to not be religious. There are good religious people, 90% of them are progressive. I won't date a girl of she's active in the church. I won't donate to any faith based charity including SCLC, St Jude's, Worldvision even Salvation Army. They may do good work but let them pray for their donations. Whatever works for you, fine. I'm an Antithesis.

@jnllhnry I think it's a mythical figure yes. There's no evidence and the legend began in 2nd century. It's possible he existed, there's no credible evidence though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.