Agnostic.com

15 3

Why must people, or with what logic is there to ignore historical fact because it does not fit into their modern invention concept?

Some will say "no gods of any kind exists "

What kind is listed below?

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

#god
Word 8 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any of them? All of them? Im pretty sure i can find one person who doesnt believe that the whole lot are gods.

Anyone could get into saying this or that is or is not a true God. Nonetheless, they are still categorized as being gods. If you say God is non-existant, has never existed and cannot exist ever then you are defining god as being "nothing " and then any "thing" presented would not be a match for your standard of a nothing god.

@Word no comment existence. Just that God isnt any of the current candidates.

It looks like some good starting empirical evidence for Richard Dawkins illogical atheist mind virus organism Unbelievable almost at first but cannot deny the fact when viewed with out an illogical atheist mind virus. The evidence is overwhelming that illogical atheist will deny the historical fact people are gods. Illogical atheist does not seem capable of distinguishing between facts of reality and those things fiction and mythological.

Really need to figure out how to develop the agnostic vaccine to rid illogical atheist and theist of the mind virus organism.

Word Level 8 Mar 2, 2021

@xenoview I just commented above. Tagging you here to look above this comment, should answer your last question "why is atheism illogical ".

Agnostic's don't believe in any gods. They don't have any knowledge that any gods exist.

@xenoview the website post historical information people are gods. From there the facts could be accepted or there might be the evidence of an illogical atheist mind meme virus organism present. Once agnostic realizes facts that people are gods, it can be logically acceptable to be agnostic towards the atheist god of pasta in the sky with meatballs non-existent spaghetti monster sky God.

@xenoview I can accept the fact people are gods, I cannot be atheist. I can be agnostic in view of the atheism God of pasta in the sky with meatballs non-existent flying spaghetti monster sky God. I do not know if the atheist God of pasta exist or not.

@Word Atheist don't believe that the FSM is a real god. Agnostics don't have any knowledge that a god exist. If your a god, then teleport in front of me.

@xenoview nothing requires a God to teleport, that is your illogical atheist meme mind virus organism thinking for you making you think with Sam Harris mind control that a God must teleport.

@Word NO! I said if you are a god teleport in front of me. Do you still think you are a god?

@xenoview you think your demands are forcing me to do anything? Your illogicalness thinks you can demand a God to prove anything to you?

@Word I think you are full of crap. If you can't teleport in front of me, then you are not a god.

@xenoview First, you prove to me you are human by dunking a basket ball.

As I say, Michael Jordan is a basketball God. He can fly thru the air over my fat butt and dunk a basketball. I would even bet he could do it in a wheel chair when he is 97 years old.

Now. You say Michael Jordon is not a basketball God, but a human completely equal in human capabilities as all human are.

Please prove you are human just as you would say Michael Jordon is, by flying thru the air and dunking a basket ball just as Michael Jordon human does.

You must do an exact Michael Jordon dunk to prove you are human.

Can you prove you are human, or are you an evolutionary degrade chimpanzee?

@Word I can't play b ball worth a damn now, in the past I could play. MJ is a talented human, who could play b ball. If you are a god, then tell me my name. It can't be that hard for a god to read my mind.

@xenoview does basketball God Michael Jordon read minds? Why do you think I must read minds to be a god?

@xenoview no proof you are a "Michael Jordan " human?

@Word Now I can safely say you are a troll.

@xenoview here is my Federal case against Masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worshippers being lead by Angelic lord of host Lucifer the devil most commonly known as Jesus the Christ king of the Jews. It is about time people fully understand why Lucifer the devil was crusified in punishment on the cross.

@xenoview don't worry, you think I am a troll. That does not mean I am going to punish you burning in hell for ever

Mythical. 🤔 🙄

I have no knowledge any gods exist and I believe in zero gods.

Just because a believer believes something does not make it true. Calling something a god does not make it a god or godlike, Trump is a good example.

Oh, wikipedia. I didn't know wikipedia actually defined gods. Now that I know that I guess reality must adjust. Wait a minute. On second thought, that's actually ridiculous.

Bad punctuation, scrambled themes, muddy ideas.......perfectly illustrates your "thinking process". Meh.

Some will say "No unicorns of any kind exist". But what kind is listed below?

Starfire
Golden Hooves
Mr. Horny McHorseypants

Are these not the names of unicorns????

This is a real live scientifically name unicorn because it has only one horn. It really exist. There is fossil records of an extent unicorn that was more horse-like that live with humans before it went extinct.

The Indian rhinoceros, also called the Indian rhino, greater one-horned rhinoceros or great Indian rhinoceros, is a rhinoceros species native to the Indian subcontinent. It is listed as Vulnerable on the IUCN Red List, as populations are fragmented and restricted to less than 20,000 km². Wikipedia

Elasmotherium is an extinct genus of large rhinoceros endemic to Eurasia during the Late Pliocene through the Pleistocene, existing from 2.6 Ma to at least as late as 39,000 years ago in the Late Pleistocene. A more recent date of 26,000 BP is considered less reliable. Wikipedia

So, yes, unicorns really exist. They are just not the fairy tale type.

Gods exist because we are gods, just not the cartoon type.

[bbc.com]
Where do unicorn myths come from?
Legends of the unicorn, or a beast with a single horn, have been around for millennia.

Some have argued that the horn of the rhino may have been the basis of myths about unicorns,

We are creators. We are gods that create. We can create fiction.

@Word Saying we are gods, doesn't make us gods.

@xenoview good empirical evidence for Richard Dawkins illogical atheist mind virus organism.

@Word Why do you say Atheist are illogical?

Why must people write obfuscating posts about abstruse subjects?

The difference between the noun god and a descriptive god is immense. I may find a woman exceptionally beautiful and refer to her as a goddess. That doesn't mean she's a diety. This sounds like one he'll of a reach.

@Word I honestly do not get what you are trying communicate with this message. Can you phrase it another way for me?

If you go to wikipedia link provided it lists people so labeled to be gods. Why then would anyone say "no gods exist". Historically, some cultures has defined their citizens and or leaders as gods. They have existed. Modern day usage still exists, see picture.

@Word OK, yes the word God, god and gods are words in the English lexicon. MJ is a basketball god. Meaning MJ is a damn good baller (demonstrable and measurable) MJ is God, I really don't know what you mean?

So I think it comes down to definitions. Ag's and Ath's would first ask: How can we falsy this God or god you refer to. How do you define god or God?

@DaCrusher Initially:

God defined as a word of open definition and usage, in that any person could give any usage or define it in any way, whether logical, provable, real, surreal or not. 

There are some things labeled by this word that have more popularity than others. There are groups of people that give a certain definition to this word that they agree on and follow for that group. There are those that would say there is nothing in existence that this word would properly label. 

There are those that do not have evidence for a reason to label anything with this word. There are those that could never know what to label with this word. 

A very uncommon word for how it is used comes from Germanic origin of meaning to call or invoke and now in fact exist as a word in English spelt with the letters G, O, and D.

@Word so we agree that god is a word and can be defined in a couple of different ways.
Ghost is a word that does not mean they exist. You first need to define either word well enough to be used as an agreeable and useful concept. Then if you want to get crazy we could attempt a definition that can be falsified. This is most typically the stumbling block for theist and atheist. God is typically unfalsifiable for an theist

@DaCrusher An observation I can see: there has been historical documentation that they call themselves god. God, then being a precursor for what is now called human and homo sapian by our more modern invention. They did not call themselves human, they called themselves god. Human/homo sapian was not words then. So, just as an observation God = human = homo sapian. People is many persons, that is made up of a lot of individuals.

The Egyptians believed pharos were deities and that thought was most likely adopted from an earlier society of people. The concept of control over others has been around for as long as human history has been.

"Let us create the non-existent flying spaghetti monster sky God of pasta in the sky with meatballs. This god is a non-existent God that all gods must meet this definition to be recognized as a God. If any purported God definition does not meet up with our non-existent definition then we reject it for not meeting our non-existent pasta flavor. "

Word Level 8 Mar 1, 2021

Oddly, I have no problem with people having a god or several. As long as they leave me to have no god(s) at all.

What I am pointing out is, you are a God by some cultural definitions of what a gods is. Just as human is like a political culture word, homo sapian is a scientific culture word.

@Word And do you have a point? So what, and who cares. Apparently you care. This is like asking, why is there air, or saying a woman is a witch because someone said so, or because she turned you into a newt. You go on about this god thing like a child.

Considering someone a diety is insanity.

Not insanity, it is common usage. It historically comes into to even as in modern times. People of extraordinary ability like basketball God Michael Jordon. Not every fat person like myself can fly thru the air and dunk a basketball.

Modern secular reference sources point out common usage. Kit Carson and Daniel Boone are real people of having done extraordinary things. Banking gods have a lot of money power that most common homo sapiens do not have.

@Word SO WHAT?? Get a life.

@Healthydoc70 I have a life, I am alive in an existance I did not ask for. It is true, I really do exist, god is not my name. Nice to meet you. My name is Shannon.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:579404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.