Agnostic.com

1 6

Yaaaaayy......

COVID-19 vaccine made by Johnson & Johnson is first single-dose vaccine to receive approval for use in Canada

[cbc.ca]

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 Mar 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Things looking up in Canada. 4 vaccine candidates.

2 of which are not in the cards for us. Pfizer is too difficult to store in our small towns, & AstraZeneca is not on offer for those of us over 65, so that leaves only Moderna & J&J for us. Now it's just a matter of GETTING it!

@Lilac-JadeCanada AstraZeneca is being used in UK and had been shown to be efficacious for seniors. There's no evidence it's not effective for those over 65, the problem Canada, France and Germany have is that regulatory agencies didn't think the did enough trials with seniors. Real world data shows it's very effective for seniors. There's a lot of politics involved. [cbc.ca]

@barjoe Yes, I heard all that from many sources, but for the moment, it's not even on offer for anyone over 65 here. And also for now, we small towns don't have any of them yet but people over 90 are to start registering on Monday.

@Lilac-JadeCanada AstraZeneca is a great vaccine and doesn't require extreme temperatures. It may be more effective than J&J Janssen vaccine. It's gotten bad press and isn't available in the states. I think the fact it's a nonprofit venture has something to do with that. $3/dose.

@barjoe We don't pay anything here, but as is with so many things, it's become political, & the EU is preventing some shipments as well.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Somebody pays. Vaccine is totally free in the states as well. That doesn't mean the vaccines aren't paid for by somebody. For $240 million you could give two doses AZOx to every man, woman and child in Canada.

@barjoe Yes, if we can just get it here.

@Lilac-JadeCanada I heard the rollout on Canada is terrible. The Covid-19 numbers are good though. I believe give first shots first. 21 and 28 days for 2nd shot are only guidelines. Get the 1st dose in arms and let people wait for the 2nd dose. Oxford 2nd dose can be given up to 12 weeks after the first.

@barjoe Yes, they're doing all the talk, but the shipments are just delay delay delay.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Things will open up soon. I'm hopeful for your country. In the meantime stay safe and social distant. I'm just saying you'd feel better off you had your 1st dose waiting on the 2nd. First dose provides a strong immunity. Canada is too cautious.

@barjoe We're loners at the best of times, so not socializing is the norm for us. Our kids live in different areas, so we don't see them either. I shop for fresh food every 10 days or so, & do everything else online. We're in a very small city, & by what I've seen here, everyone is masked up & following the rules. I drive a mobility scooter & it becomes my shopping cart in the store, so nobody touches it but me.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:580341
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.