Agnostic.com

8 2

So,how will the universe end ( not that I care,but,scientists seem to have a fascination with this)?

A. the big rip

B. the big chill

C. the big crunch

D. Other (explain,would be a new theory,I think?lol)

mike1951 6 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

D. I suspect that the universe will not end, it will be reorganized though at some point when the "Brane" of this one contacts the "Brane" of another.

D. When I pass away.

godef Level 7 Nov 29, 2017

My guess is the Big Crunch. I'll let you know in a few billion years if I'm right.

I have no better answer than Frost

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire,
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction
Ice is also great and would suffice.

I like your answer best. 👍

D. The universe will end when we do. What we perceive as the universe is just a spacial domain. Once we leave that domain it ceases to exist from our perspective and we cease to exist in it from the universes perspective.

Overall the energy in the universe may possibly be being lost using the principles of speed of light = wavelength multiplied by velocity (c = w x f). As the universe expands and the wavelength of photons becomes larger frequency decreases. And since E=hf, energy is lost somehow. Now I have another theory on where the energy goes but someone told me that it may convert to mass but that doesn't seem to make sense as a photon is described as a particle with a very small relative mass or mass less.

Unless some unexpected astronomical catastrophe wipes out the earth , I think that the human species will be long since gone when the current phase of the universe ends.

D. The Universe will not end. It had no beginning and will have no end. If the 1st law of thermodynamics is right, energy is eternal. The definition of Universe is everything. If the universe were to end, everything would have to cease to exist. There may be rips, chills and crunches, but these are not the end.

A combination of C and D. I believe that the current phase of the universe will end with one or a few black holes so glutted with matter that they cannot contain it and explode in a new big bang, starting a new expansion phase.

When that Trafalmadorian hits the wrong switch, as referenced in Slaughterhouse Five by Vonnegut, it has been and it will always be that way...

LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5804
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.