Agnostic.com

9 3

Rightio.... I'm feeling cheeky and irreverent.....

Does anyone have any out-there stories, that will pass muster for cleanliness?

I have so many stories.... It could be fun to tiptoe around them......

But.

You first! 😀

Kreig 7 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Crap. My story just crashed and burned because the site timed out and I didn't notice. I'm not going to write it again today. Maybe tomorrow, if the mood strikes.

Ok - you want stories ...

In keeping with the general theme so far, I'll give you one (of many) from my animal hospital years (of which there are also many) :

Picture a large cross-breed dog , about 75 pounds, that is now up on the examining table, while several of us are looking the dog over, holding it still - paying special attention to it's back end, and the anal abscess that the owner says is present.

For those not familiar - in dogs and cats, there are small glands on either side of the anus that regularly produce a foul smelling liquid that is usually emptied during a bowel movement. It also might be pushed out if the animal is excited, or being attacked. Kind of like a skunk.
Sometimes these glands get blocked, the liquid turns to a concentrated paste, and "festers". It's especially nasty then, and requires antibiotics to clear up the mess.

So while all this poking and prodding is going on, I'm near the back end just as the abscess suddenly bursts, and... you guessed it... I am hit with a glob right on the cheek, with a tiny bit on my lower lip. My first thought was "don't lick your lips !!!!!!" - which is often a kneejerk reaction to feeling something splash on one's lips.

And don't retch ! Almost though ...almost.
Just another day working with critters !

You win!

I hid under the bed. I over slept the curfew. We were suppose to be on base by midnight. The north Vietnamese came into town then and did their thing. I heard them moving around. I was scared. I made to base the next morning..ugh!

I was in town. At the end of the night. She asked if i smoked. Sure I do. I smoked that home roll. 15 seconds, it couldnt walk. I give a driver of the cart 5 dollars to get me back to base in a hurry. His calves look like they were going to explode. I did all I could to walk straight as I entered the base gate. Man... I was so young and stupid. The zips could of rolled me in town....again.

Sounds familiar. Lucky kids in a nasty world. Yep.

Thank you Brother. I was a crazy type kind of guy. I hung around the bars listening to the best american rock songs. That was Vietnam. Thailand was different. First sergeant was aways comming around trying to get us to go to his bar. Well, his and his ladys. it was a strange world back then. We had a brotherhood with black soldiers... I'll say more later.

Ummmm...I better not. Can't incriminate myself.

Go ahead brother. Say it.

Do I have stories? You bet. I have lots of stories. What did you have in mind and what's the word count limit?

Unfortunately, there isn't enough room for stories on this site. About the best we could manage here would be mini-flash fiction at 250 words or less.

Oh, wait. Are you talking about life experience things, like the day I turned a normal human being into a slavering idiot because I gave him gold fever by exposing him to a mountain of iron pyrite in the Yukon Territory? That kind of story?

Gut. I know nuttink. I zay nuttink. Vee vill haf zum fun, ya?

I want to storm the White House with a large cleaning crew, to attempt to rid it of the stench from the trash inhabiting it.

me ! me ! pick me as one of the cleaners !

You seem to be the aspiring writer in this group. You have managed to capture our attention with your wit and turn of a phrase. With a little thought, you could make chopping would riveting.

The platform is all yours. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 29, 2017

No, I don't have any extravagant stories.

Well there is this one time I cleaned with bleach...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5821
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.