Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK There Were No Calls for Censorship Against Democrats for Their False Claims About the 2016 Election

I feel there's an inherent danger in the push to ban certain sites from social media. The NYT and WaPo don't seem to get sanctioned for promoting lies and propaganda.

WilliamCharles 8 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That is a good point. I always thought the whole Russiagate thing with the Dems was a bullshit distraction and excuse to get people to overlook how bad a candidate Killary was and how Bernie would have won over Trump in 2016.

Whatever.

Hey, thanks for that insightful analysis.

It's everything I've come to expect from you.

/s

@WilliamCharles No problem.

The article starts with a false equivalency. No point reading further than the first paragraph when the writer is clearly intent on pushing a dishonest narrative.

Well, there you go then. Ignore that the Russiagate narrative was begun by Robby Mook and John Podesta 24 hours after Hillary's loss to the Mango Manchild in order to try and save face. Also ignore that Crowdstrike finally admitted in court that there was no hard evidence of a Russian hack though the MSM ran with that for months if not years. Are you aware that in the current social media purge that many left and progressive groups are getting deplatformed? MSM outlets admitted burying Hunter Biden reports, not because of their accuracy being in question, but rather out of concern it might have an impact in the general election.

That's the very essence of gatekeeping. But you keep closing yourself off to evaluating information if you see a single thing that triggers your sensitivities, umkay?

@WilliamCharles This is some crackpot crazy conspiracy nonsense you’re trying to peddle. Saying something is so does not make it so. You made a claim? Prove it or I will dismiss it. There is no “Russiagate” 🙄 Russia did interfere and they did it again in 2020. That is a verified fact. Trump actively and openly sought their help to cheat. I watched him on live television asking Russia to help. Facts are facts.

@WilliamCharles And as for your “triggered” suggestion: hell hath no triggered boomer like a Trumper who just heard someone call Trump a decrepit-orange-turd-pervert, and the worst president in American history. 🙃

@FreethoughtKaty - the official narrative involves a fvck of a lot of conspiracy theory. Russia seems to have sat out 2020, otherwise Dolt 45 would have gotten a second term. "Sowing discord" is something that happens all across social media. Sites have been deplatformed for the "crime" of having people distrust NATO. A recent example of the lies promoted to support the saber-rattling against Russia are the claims of the supposed chemical attacks in Syria. Whistle-blowers in the OPCW have come forward to reveal the pressure to promote a false narrative.

Believe what you want. Your mind seems already made up. The intelligence services that have been caught in lie after lie in the past are somehow now sacrosanct and beyond reproach.

Expect more gatekeeping, echoed by highly paid mouthpieces in the MSM.

@FreethoughtKaty - a couple of related pieces for you not to read.

[thenation.com]

[thegrayzone.com]

@WilliamCharles yeah, I don’t care for propaganda. If you want to convince me that one of your claims is true, provide evidence.

@FreethoughtKaty - you can do your own homework, but I'll add more links to counter the propaganda you've swallowed thought you supposedly don't like propaganda. Trump did ask for a hack of HRC's emails, yet there seems to be no concern as to what was revealed and Julian Assange still rots in jail.

It should never be forgotten that we had the Cheeto Benito in the first place because of the pied piper strategy of Madam Pantsuit and the DNC. She played chicken with the fate of the nation in her pursuit of power... and lost! She couldn't even beat her own ringer.

That albatross should be hung around their collective necks in perpetuity.

@FreethoughtKaty - Trumper? You're really grasping, aren't you?

My current Facebook 30-day ban is for "bullying" as I responded "FOAD, TYVM" to someone that was repeatedly harassing my on a political thread.

I'll no longer use "Break out the tumbrels!" or guillotine memes when outraged by a particular politician as that can be seen as a threat of violence.

I used to qualify "DIAF" by saying no violence was implied as I was "leaving it in the lap of the gods."

Still, FB bots are extremely selective on what they sanction.

The history of repression in the former Soviet Union involved the extent that self-censorship took over from fear of consequences from authoritarian entities.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582598
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.