Agnostic.com

7 14

The MN Atheists took part in the St. Baldrick’s fundraiser for childhood cancer research

Marcie1974 8 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How much money goes for research and how much goes into church coffers? .....I'm skeptical of most everything done by Christians.

It’s not a Christian organization. They usually hold the event around st. Patrick’s Day, hence St. Baldrick’s. Bald...get it? Because we shave our head?

There is no patron saint of bald people

@Marcie1974 Sorry...I didn't know. Will your hair grow back fully by next St Patrick's day?

@nicknotes I’m sorry but do you not understand how hair works?

How awesome that you did this!

dkp93 Level 8 Mar 16, 2021

I can't say enough good about the kindness of the people I met in Minneapolis when my 10 year old and I spent 2 months at U of M Children's Hospital oncology ward when he had a bone marrow transplant in 1988. Hopsital staff, volunteers, and just random folks in the area were wonderful to us. Northern hospitality leaves its southern counterpart in the dust.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 16, 2021

The fundraiser was through the MN Children’s Hospital. Normally they have a big event for all the teams to shave but....covid

Well done! What a thoughtful gesture.

I'm glad some are able to do some good here in MN.

I met some wonderful people as well

Is that you? Very nice of you. It is a Catholic charity but it's your hair. It'll grow back.

It’s not a Catholic organization [en.m.wikipedia.org]

@Marcie1974 That's good. Maybe I'll shave my head. You get people to sponsor you or something?

Good for them

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 16, 2021

And me! Lol, I raised $480 and shaved my head

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582602
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.