Agnostic.com

5 2

Funny story but true.

I am currently doing an ancestry chart for my best friend. She has been my friend for almost 30 years now. When we met she asked me if I ever smiled, and I've been smiling ever sense. She has a weird sense of humor which I like, and she is one of the kindest lady's I know. Of course there is a but coming....

But, she is married to one of the most redneck, obnoxious, better than thou men I have ever known in my life. He is a staunch Republican. She votes her conscience which means they are at odds politically. She joked to him years ago that Barack Obama might be kin when he won the Presidency, and she put up a picture of Obama in the hallway. THAT didn't last long before it was down.

So, I'm doing this ancestry chart, and I noticed one of her relatives had the last name of Dunham. Don't ask me how I knew, because really I didn't, but I had seen a picture of Obama float by when scanning for photographs for the Dunham's. So I checked. And I found, and oh wow what I found. SHE IS THE 8th Cousin of Barack Obama.

I'm psyched. She's psyched. I told her on FB last night about it. I haven't heard from her today. I messaged her a bit ago, and asked if all was ok but she is long gone to bed.

But ain't that a kick in the arse? KARMA baby KARMA.

JustLuAnn 7 Mar 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only because she stays married to this redneck rethuglican is the Hawaii born Obama 8th cousin laughing at her spouse the last laugh ..... as for Barack Hussein Obama SENIOR and wife both College educated Atheists parents of 44th President ought to rile the redneck further.... I am a 5th cousin to George McGovern but nobody hates the USA leader of FOOD FOR PEACE under JFK so there is good karma no laughs

It is a mystery who are our ancestors. Proof that racial prejudice is a bad idea.

Sound lovely But I have heard everyone is everyone's 8th or 9th cousin....so, so is her hubby!!!!!
BUWAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Sounds like she may need your support one day.

I was hoping your story ended in that HE was related to Obama. I hope it all works out between the married couple, after this news. Let us know how it turns out. My guess is that she might choose not to tell him, just to keep the peace. Maybe give her time to tell him anyway.

Hard to say if she will or won't. I know she said her brother had a need to know too. He is also kinda redneck. Well, I'm guessing since she calls him Bubba.

I wonder what the origin of the word "Bubba" is. I had a cousin in TX who was called Bubba, never liked that side of the family, they were not only Repuglicans but were from TX.

@Theresa_N I'm not sure, but I've never cared for it. My brother and his husband use it as a term of affection for their son and it grates on me every time. Please let me know if you ever find out the origin.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:582915
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.