Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Jehovah’s Witnesses Leader: COVID-19 Signals the “Last Day of the Last Days” | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

In case you’re wondering how some religions are coping with the outbreak of COVID-19, just look to the Jehovah’s Witnesses to see how absurd reactions can get.

In a recent video featuring Governing Body member Stephen Lett, he absolutely delights in the disease because he sees it as a signal that Armageddon is imminent. (Hallelujah!) (follow link for video)

snytiger6 9 Mar 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I bet he will be able to stop tides from coming in and going out too. Then he’ll insist that a ship sinks because of water around it, not because water gets into it.

Oh, and the LUSITANIA was a tugboat and not an ocean liner. Morons.

The Jehovah's witless have been proclaiming everything as the last sign of the apocalypse since they split from the Millerites in 1845, because said Millerites kept getting the date of the end of the world wrong.

I have a few religious relatives that think this is the end times. However, they are baptists.

And then he woke up and found out it was tomorrow. He missed the last day.

or yesterday.

They have been predicting the "Last Days" as any day now since the religion was founded. No news here.

One would think that with all the recent false predictions regarding the end of times, preachers would avoid that topic.

I guess they can't help themselves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:583455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.