Agnostic.com

5 16

Dennise won a $9,400 scholarship renewable for four years.

This is super exciting! Three companies- McDougall & Sons (where her parents work), Columbia Fruit Packers and CMI Orchards- all awarded Dennise scholarships.

Combined, their scholarships total $9,400 per year. Renewable for four years.

Today Washington Apple Education Foundation emailed Dennise with the news. She did a Zoom interview last Friday with the scholarship committee.

Scholarships are normally awarded in late May. So far, Dennise has applied for 39 scholarships with my help. We're not done.

Last week, Dennise was accepted by the prestigious University of Washington.

So proud of this girl!

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good for you,Dennise👏

Congratulations to Denise!!

Well deserved for her work and Your help Kathleen in her making it there ,koodoos to the both of you

Job well done

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 23, 2021

@bobwjr

School has been stressful for Dennise. Her Spanish-speaking parents cannot help her with assignments. She did homework all alone.

Since age seven, Dennise has been translating for her parents at parent-teacher conferences, grocery stores, doctor offices, etc.

I'm assuming she'll have her family and you to rely on for at least her first year or two of college. Ha, ha. That's a huge transition -- becoming an adult.🤗

Added: I met a guy at Boeing's high tech center in Bellevue. He had a 1 month old baby, he was defending his master's thesis and he was involved in an intense Boeing project. He was barely sane.

His compassionate co-workers rigged his desk to randomly beep every 10 minutes or so to give him something to think about. I never heard how it worked out. There's cruel and then there's cruel I guess.🤔

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:584078
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.