Agnostic.com

3 0

QUESTION Let's chat about "god" and psychedelics?

Specifically DMT is a really interesting topic for me.

Unfortunately I have never smoked it (or drank if we talk about ayahuasaca), yet, because it is pretty rare to find and also pretty intimidating. I have read the book, DMT The Spirit Molecule though... I have plenty of experience with LSD and Mushrooms. I personally prefer mushrooms over LSD.

I have never believed in "god" throughout my life although I was pressured to as a kid from my dad's side of the family who happen to be religious... but I have always rejected religion.

After numerous psychedelic trips, I do believe in energy.
As in, we are all atoms vibrating... somethings vibrate at higher or lower frequencies and it also depends on how dense or compact the atoms are...

So I somewhat get when religious folks say "God is everything or everywhere" because in my mind I think they are possibly thinking about energy?

I just don't like how religious people come across as if they know all the answers to the universe and stop questioning things in general. They are comforted by false beliefs and it seems a bit delusional but really, as long as they don't force others to believe what they believe then I don't see a problem on a personal level but on a mass scale, I do think religion is harmful...

And I am not here to say there is definitely NO god, because who the fuck am I to claim that? I definitely DO NOT know and I find comfort in not knowing.

I am totally open to the fact that I could be wrong but I have yet to find a religious person who has ever changed my mind or convinced me of anything...

This isn't really a question I suppose, but if you have any interesting thoughts or opinions, please feel free to share!

I will leave a few athiest songs for you to enjoy, if you wish 🙂

NoFx - Best God in Show

crAss - So whAt

M3G4N666 6 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You would like meditation. IF you practice enough, you can have a psychedellic trip at will, without any substances. The mind is completely yours to control, its just we are so used to depending on other people to exist, we tend to forget we have one.

argo Level 4 Apr 19, 2018

I have heard that before... drugs are much faster and we live in a world of instant gratification

The damage though is permanent. and damage to your brain will not be reversible.

The Wheel turns for some and turns upon others. In this sense only does Religion contemplate Energy. F=ma

Irrational truth of the day. Corporate Entities e.i. Governments etc. are the Antibodhisattva. They wish to keep us turning at the wheel of Karma.

interesting... so you believe in Karma?

@M3G4N666 No. I do not. I would mean it ever in this sense.
informal
destiny or fate, following as effect from cause.

I was being metaphorical, in the sense of my Irrational truth of the day. 😉

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:58426
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.