Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK GOP Lawmaker Files Bill Forcing Witnesses to Say “So Help Me God” in House Oaths | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

Republicans have filed yet another bill to force witnesses in front of House committees to say “So help me God” in their oaths. A similar attempt failed last year — and will almost certainly fail again this time.

It all stems from a number of high-profile incidents in which Democrats left those religious words off of the oaths they administered to witnesses — accidentally, theoretically, and purposely.

snytiger6 9 Mar 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’d say it and immediately after state that I don’t believe in god.

I thought I might say, "So helpo me imaginary sky daddy." Or, "So help me Flying Spaghetti Monster".

Anything to delay the more apportant things that need to be dealt with.

So, swearing to tell the truth while being forced to tell a lie. Republicans are just stupid.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:586172
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.