Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK The Star Trek Communist Hopes Star Trek Can Inspire A Real Revolution

"Will Nguyen is a fan who asks that question a lot.

“In the earth of the future, [we] eliminate poverty, hunger, homelessness, all the stuff that's hard to still talk about; it’s paradise on earth,” Nguyen says, “How do you actually achieve a one-world government with no national borders, where we've eliminated poverty and war and hunger and disease? That's a pretty significant gain, pretty significant achievement.”

That’s the thing: Star Trek is very detailed about the makeup of that utopian future, but not clear on the assembly. We’ve got the Bell Riots coming up in three years, give or take, and sometime in the next forty years we’ve got World War 3 to contend with (possibly featuring genetically-augmented supermen) and ultimately, first contact with an alien society before we’re off to the races. We’ve got the pieces but no way of fitting them together, like an IKEA dresser without an instruction manual — and we’ll probably need more than a complimentary Allen wrench to pull this off.

Will Nguyen thinks he has the answer: Communism."

WilliamCharles 8 Apr 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If I can't be secure in the idea that a Democrat will hold the WH, or Senate majority, then I can't feel secure about a freedom-ish society that meets my approval. That being the case I would rather be ruled by the Chinese idea rather than a Theocratic one. u$a is likely not going to be the dominate power in a few years. Not even second shortly after China takes over. Nuclear weapons turn out to be self-defeating and costly. Computer skills are of higher threat.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588149
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.