Agnostic.com

4 3

Any other normally pretty comfortable introverts else feeling the loneliness of the pandemic finally setting in? I'm almost fully vaxxed but I have an autoimmune/asthmatic kiddo so we are still being overly cautious. I find myself getting sucked more and more into Tik Tok just to find relatable people and laughs. Just me?

Mynamehere 5 Apr 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yep, just you. 😉

No, for me it's a mixed bag. On the one hand, it's so nice to have no social obligations or expectations. On the other, I miss having places to go and things to do — e.g., taking in a community theater show or attending a symphony or going to the county fair, or even just going to the store to browse or sitting in a restaurant without concern that I'm putting myself or anyone else at risk. And I do miss the occasional, er, rare gathering of actual friends and family. I've had the benefit of maintaining a routine, though, where I go to work every day (even though I pretty much stay away from everyone), visit my girlfriend frequently, and (during the height of the shutdown in NY) was grabbing takeout frequently from local restaurants I wanted to support. Now that business has picked back up, though, I'm eating more healthily and not eating out (or getting takeout). I will be happy to see more normalcy return, though — just not all to once. 😁

I've overdosed on solitude. I want to hear a voice that isn't electronic.

YES!! Exactly.

I don't get much out of video-chat interactions. I know a lot of people seem to get their "people" fix through video, but I find it to be a poor substitute.

@resserts I have video meets for work and video chat with friends and while I enjoy that it just doesn't seem enough anymore.

You're not alone. I've always considered myself an introvert but I've been inching towards the tipping point myself these past few weeks. I've been lucky enough to stretch my wings a bit now that I'm fully vaxxed. It feels great, but I can still find myself immersed in Tik Tok for ridiculous periods of time. Do whatever it takes to fill that void for you whether it's Tik Tok or here.

Thanks, it is good to know it isn't just me. I. Normally I am all "eww ppl" but in the past week I just miss people. And not even like friends, I miss strangers lol it is insane.

@Mynamehere Yeah, I get that. Just the everyday interactions of talking to the checkout clerk. We need that. I guess being introverted doesn't mean we want to be devoid of human interaction.

@Lauren yes, I didnt realize how much until now.

Not at all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:588668
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.