Agnostic.com

5 5

Kim Potter, Ex-Cop Who Shot Daunte Wright

"Potter resigned from the suburban Minneapolis police force two days after Wright's death."

"Kim Potter, the former Brooklyn Center Police Department (BCPD) officer who fatally shot Daunte Wright, served 26 years with the agency, led a union representing its officers, and once told two colleagues to deactivate their body cameras after they killed someone in 2019."

Full Article: [snopes.com]

nogod4me 8 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A friend's grand daughter was dating a Ph.D. delightful Black fellow, whose "paranoia" was well justified. He would not buy a new car because it could be a racist trigger. Does anyone recall how Michael Jordan's father died? Triggered by his nice new Lexus.

Hopefully someone will thoroughly review her social media. Neither gun nor taser were needed, so this could have been a hate-crime, even though it looks somewhat accidental. Horribly bad policing if it was an accident. Claiming to mistake the gun for the taser is a bright red flag that something more was going on. In no way did they need to take this action, nor when and in the way they did. If this 'den mother' couldn't deescalate the situation, can any of the rest be expected to? It isn't a matter that they lack training. Their culture teaches them to disregard it.

Resignation over firing ensures keeping a pension. Hopefully the, as of yet, lawsuit eats into that pension.

Lock her up!

Sadly, not a surprise to me although that's the emoticon I used.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:589432
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.