Agnostic.com

3 0

I was living in LA after the Rodney King verdict and although it wasn't the reason I moved to Utah, my wife and I thought it would be a good time to leave town.We were lucky we at least had some place to go to!I've never been to Minnesota, but the land of Jesse Ventura and Hubert Humphrey always gave me the impression of a place of reasonable sensibilities, the kind of place "Napolean Dynamite" would feel right at home. You know, just like Utah! I sure hope they don't go crazy and burn the place down. I get the feeling leftist and other progressives are waiting in the weeds to kick up some dust, especially after right-wing Jan.6 assault on the capitol. I hope cooler heads prevail, but I doubt that they will. I hear in Vegas its 3 to 1 for acquittal.Marching out a South African transplant as a defense expert is the height of stupidity, that alone is probably grounds for a mistrial!

RedondoMike 4 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think he gets convicted on at least one count.

Utah a place of reasonable sensibilities is an oxymoron. I've lived and worked in marginalized communities in three states surrounding Utah. My experience is just the opposite. Utah is a white privilege sanctuary, much like Idaho.

Senator Lee is anything but reasonable. Romney is reasonable, but caves to pressure too soon and too often.

I was actually being sarcastic. I actually live in a public housing project in Salt Lake City. Whenever the Mormon church sponsors refugees or helps poor church members they come here to these projects. Many of the people who live here don't even speak English, this part of Salt Lake is a long ways from a "white sanctuary". I know the mass media portrays Utah as staunch red-state pariah but Salt Lake is the other side of the coin. I suppose in hindsight I should of used Al Franken , Walter Mondale or Robert Zimmerman as more representative of Minnesota sensibilities.

I live in the suburb where the recent police murder occurred. If I wasn't severely disabled I'd be protesting with them. Neither Hubert Humphrey or Ventura are admirable. Humphrey helped keep us in the war and was partially responsible for the demonstrations at the Chicago police riots during the convention. You can rest easy in your white sanctuary of Utah.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.