Agnostic.com

5 21

Had a wonderful time with my daughter Claire, 31

This weekend, I had a wonderful time with my daughter Claire at her home in Lake Stevens, WA. Never heard her talk so much. She's an introvert. "I had a wonderful time with you, Mom," Claire said.

Together we walked fast up steep hills for three miles on Friday and Saturday evening. Gorgeous views of Lake Stevens. Amazing weather for the Seattle area: blue skies and 80 degrees.

Claire was extremely grateful for the $200 I spent on groceries for her. "I will add it up in my head and keep it under $200," Claire told me. We chatted in the grocery store. To my amazement, it came to $197. Wow!

"My friends are amazed that I can add up bills in my head as we go," Claire said. "You have a photographic memory and have always been good at math," I replied.

As usual, I overspent. Got her a lightweight cordless drill, extra batteries and drill bits.

Also bought expensive fabric to sew curtains for her guest bedroom. Pushed myself feverishly trying to get the curtains done on Saturday. "Mom, take the fabric home and finish them at your leisure," Claire wisely said. "You can give the curtains to me when I come to Wenatchee for Mother's Day." Thanks, Claire.

To my dismay, Claire's feet hurt. She has been walking fast up hills twice a day in slippers! So, I got Claire running shoes on a narrow last and six pairs of wicking athletic socks. Claire has narrow feet like me. Those are the same running shoes and athletic socks that I love.

"It's like walking on pillows!" Claire exclaimed.

Photo: Lake Stevens and Cascade Mountains. Locals call them "the Cascades."

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a beautiful Mother daughter weekend , a cherished treasure

All children should be so fortunate...

Amazing photo. I feel like I wasted my international trip to WA, on Seattle alone 😂
Just a bit.

Mvtt Level 7 Apr 19, 2021

Awesome job

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 18, 2021

@bobwjr

Thank you, Bob!

You're a good mom, and wow to have Claire's math skills. I need a calculator, pen and paper, and sweat. I own two cordless drills, and I love them! I had one, it got lost when I moved, so I got a second, and eventually found the first. Now they both have a home in a storage box together, I always know where my drills are.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590418
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.