Agnostic.com

5 7

Phew!
Minneapolis and Minnesota can breathe again.

Petter 9 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

can they I don't think we are there yet

We were up late at night here in South Africa waiting for the verdict. I suppose most of the world waited. Excellent verdict 👍

You mean i do not have to start demonstrating?!

Seriously, let's hope this has the same ripple effect as the Tracy Thurman case did on domestic violence response... (before that there was None).
A nice high-dollar civil suit is no doubt in the works as we write!

Minneapolis awarded George Floyd's family $27 million in a settlement.

@AnneWimsey
"A nice high-dollar civil suit is no doubt in the works as we write!". WAY TO GO😉👍

Not just Minnesota. The whole country. I went shopping today and every store in the Fishtown Crossing shopping center was boarded up with plywood.

Jeebus, can you imagine the rioting had the verdict been different?! I feel like justice has finally happened.

@HippieChick58 @linxminx
Yes justice served but the Minnesota Minneapolis Police have to go through a serious transformation. While the trial was going on, the Police there were carrying on business as usual, attacking innocent black teenagers at traffic lights, even pepper spraying them including the disgusting manhandling and pepper spraying of a military serviceman just because he's black. The Police there has been getting away doing this for too long. They're a hateful, hurtful and vengeful lot when it comes to black citizens. Chauvin dressed in uniform or suit still look like scum like the rest of the police there in Minnesota.

@TimeOutForMe Yes, I realize the US has far, far, far to go in terms of racial justice. However, every journey starts with a single step, and I think the step has been made. It isn't going to be an easy journey at all, but all progress will be celebrated. I'm also aware of the black teenaged girl that was shot 4 times by a police officer as the verdict was being read. As I said, it won't be easy, smooth, or pretty; but a step in the right direction has been made.

@HippieChick58

"I'm also aware of the black teenaged girl that was shot 4 times by a police officer as the verdict was being read."

This news is terrible! A young life gone just like that!...just because she's black. Outrageous!
I also heard there's been 45 mass shootings there in the last 6 weeks. Is this true?

@TimeOutForMe I believe it is. I limit my intake of news because it is triggering anxiety and depression, but I've seen some things that make me think that is likely correct.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:590837
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.