Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Why Great Employees Quit -- Instead Of Admitting They're Unhappy

The complainers stay. They are part of the reason people quit. I think she's a little harsh on this employer. I bet she hates her boss. Maybe she should quit.

barjoe 9 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe the guy just wanted to go a different direction with his career. I think she makes the analysis way too personal.

If you notice the work culture around you has never changed,the smart thing to do is vote with your feet. And in fact studies have shown it is Much more lucrative to walk, in most cases....recommended time to stay in a job is 5 years

I've seen this a lot in the business world. The author has it pretty dead on. Different industries have different cultures, this is definitely corporate America. There's a few that may not be so uncaring of employees like that guy out west who pays the minimum of 70k and has expanded to a second office, but the majority are like that boss.

I don't know much about corporate America. If my boss were to take me to lunch and offer to sweeten the pot if I stayed, I wouldn't feel obligated but I wouldn't take it as a hostile, controlling act, as described by the "author", either.

@barjoe I've been in instances that it has been and when I didn't take them up on it, I was "punished." One made sure that I would never be hired in the company ever again. It wasn't bad to me because I had no intention of ever going back and had other options. I know some that wouldn't have had that and it would have been extremely punitive. And she was sweet as pie to everyone else while I was there. I had others come up to me and ask why Sue hated me. I think she was intimidated.

@barjoe but men have better options sometimes for women finding a good job is not as easy

its gotten out of hand recently ppl saying he touched my shoulder and I felt weird....then fucking move...that I don't get. I have big tits and men have accidentally on purpose brushed against them ... hell they get in my way too lol...I didn't freak I just moved a little and made it harder unless I wanted it too

I see both sides of the argument

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:591810
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.