Agnostic.com

3 6

I've been doing a bit more Ancestry work. This is a portrait of my 6th great-grandfather, Chief Cornstalk, and me about age 4. Whaddya think?

tinkercreek 8 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You’ve only gotten better looking with age! I imagine your ancestors were on the March of Tears.

Thank you, that's very kind. I have researched a bit, and the Shawnee seemed to have their own experience of that, but staying in the Ohio/Oklahoma area. Tribal numbers are now low, but I love knowing that I am connected.

Must be fascinating to discover you’re a direct descendant of Shawnee royalty. Lovely photograph of a younger you!

Yes, it was, and truth is that I spent the majority of my childhood truly believing that I was actually a first nation princess, secretly stolen and adopted by my parents! Speaks volumes to never quite fitting in.

You were a very cute child.

Thanks!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:593287
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.