Agnostic.com

4 4

I am soooo ready to forget Trump and move on. But he continues to repeat his big lie, that the 2020 election was stolen from him. The facts are not on his side. Trump and others filed and LOST at least 86 lawsuits contesting the 2020 election processes, vote counting, and vote certification. Many of the judges in those cases are Republicans. Some of them were even appointed by Trump himself.

So anybody who denies that it was a clean and fair election is essentially denying the validity of our judicial system. They don't believe in rule of law.

I am no great fan of Lynn Cheyney. But if the Republicans purge her for speaking the truth about the 2020 election, then they are no longer republicans; they are fascists. I hate to say it, but in my world, 1+1=2.

North Korea is a modern-day personality cult, modeled on Stalinism. Hitler and Musolini's regimes were personality cults. And the GOP is showing every sign of becoming one now.

What really irritates me is that Trump and his followers are trying to invalidate MY vote. I am a resident and voter in California, but what happens in other states could affect the meaning and weight of my vote. In the 2020 election, my vote had particular meaning because I was joined by a large number of others to form a winning majority. Attempts to invalidate legitimate votes for Biden in other states (as is happening in Arizona right now, for example), if successful, could in theory negate that majority vote, rendering my vote meaningless. It would strip away the real power that my vote gained when it was joined with that large number of others. Trump and his goons are essentially saying that MY vote should not matter. And if they were to get their way, my vote really would lose its significance. And if they say my vote doesn't matter, then they are saying that I don't matter. And I object to that. How dare they? I am deeply offended by these people who seek to undermine the results of the 2020 election.

Flyingsaucesir 8 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Only people who will vote for trump should be allowed to vote. Would that make the idiot happy?

Probably nothing less than obsequious, fawning sycophancy will satisfy the Cheato's grandiose self image.

They are doing it to force in voting laws to disenfranchise voters in future elections, trying to create doubt in the system.

Yes that is exactly what they want to do, because they don't believe in democracy.

Well I won't deny I heard Democrats hired 73 lawyers to contest the judicial decision in AZ regarding the audit of the election results. That's a lot of lawyers! And a HUGE expense to the taxpayer. If there is nothing to hide the allowing the audit would have been much cheaper.

Any lawyers the Democratic Party might employ would be paid for by the Party, through donations. The Party is not a government agency and is not funded by taxes.

@Flyingsaucesir Was it the Democratic Party or Democrats in office? I think it's taxpayer funded, not campaign funds. I think it's the money coming out of ppl's paychecks that's funding all the lawyers. Out of your taxpaying pocket and striaght into the lawyers' pockets! I'll try to update the dollar amount/expense if you're interested.

Yes, the GOP is transforming into a Trump cult as I type. The Jan 6 insurrection was his Beer Hall Putsch. This could still get really ugly, though his age, incoherence, and incompetence are mitigating factors.

I just worry that some younger, slicker version of Cheato will employ the same tactics with greater success.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:595014
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.