Agnostic.com

8 3

Why do people think slavery has been abolished?

If someone asserts any "authority " over anyone, it is still a thing of force. I could understand if a person were to, by their choice, freely obey someone elses commands.

I am not freely paying taxes on the products, services, property etc. that I would purchase. Try buying something and tell them they are not to change you taxes. Drive down the road without pay licenses plate taxes to have a license plate and police chase you down to charge you with fines. Fees and court cost. Or, beat you like Rodney King or kill you like George Floyd if you resist their asserted authority. These taxes are forced and not based on a free will donation.

Capitalism is a form of slavery to which the "ball and chain" removed but the depravity of force by necessity. People are forced to work minimum wage slave labor jobs if they have no other means to generate themselves enough capital or money to pay "living expenses" for things needed to live. This money system being forced upon people with out providing everyone has unlimited money in each person's bank account.

Cannot buy or sell without government issued identification. Revelations 13:17

authority

1. the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.
    "he had absolute authority over his subordinates"
    Similar:
    power
    jurisdiction
    command
    control
    mastery
    charge
    dominance
    dominion
    rule
    sovereignty
    ascendancy
    supremacy
    domination
    influence
    sway
    the upper hand
    leverage
    hold
    grip
    clout
    pull
    muscle
    teeth
    drag
  2. a person or organization having power or control in a particular, typically political or administrative, sphere.
    "the health authorities"
    Similar:
    officials
    officialdom

Word 8 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In a representative for of government, "we the people" ARE THE GOVERNMENT. The only purpose of government is to care for it's citizens. They do this by raising funds, (taxes) to build roads, police, military, and so on... WORD <--- should have stopped using Meth long ago... to late now... sad

Leetx Level 7 May 10, 2021

Never have used meth.

no ? traumatic brain injury ? @Word

@Leetx no

Chattel slavery was replaced with wage slavery.

An interesting manifesto. A mini-manifesto. Have you read The Unibomber's manifesto?

No

So no taxes becuz it is slavery......you are refusing to drive on the roads, or have roads? (If you think roads are a good idea, how will they appear? Magic?)
Are you never going use the sidewalks, or call the Fire Dept? How about just whizzing through Stop signs/lights, aaanndd etc?

"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's"

And wasn't ceasar stabbed in the back?

Why must people be forced to build roads etc? Why are people not taught and just do things for community and common good?

Have you dug ditches, build bridges or paved sidewalks?

@Word for the greater good we need roads and bridges always have always will and we now need wifi

you are being absurd I agree with storm
and also with bob there is real slavery going on in other countries mostly African but don't Chinese still sell daughters to dance or men ???
African countries are more prone to enslaving other Africans at least not so long ago they sure did

your definition of slavery is way off

@whiskywoman not way off, just the best form of slavery. Yes, other forms of slavery are worse.

@whiskywoman video explains evolution of slavery.

@Word Taxes to pay workers because sidewalks and roads do not magically build themselves!
And people "forced to build them"? When? Where? Who?
You are getting weirder & weirder in your posts...oh, wait, you read The Oracle on FB.....try some Facts,and maybe common sense....

@Word " the "Caeser" in the Babble quote, above, refers to any leader/government, not one actual person named "Caeser", which was used to refer to a demagogue.
Get it together!
Med adjustment Badly needed, call your Doctor!

@Word your arguments lack facts and substance

@Word i am an avid DIY-er, have made a concrete stoop, built stairs/decks & nuclear submarines, among other stuff. You?

@AnneWimsey i never made any nuclear submarines. I don't know anything about Oracle on FB. I was reared by a carpenter; worked on farms and ranches; and worked as a welder in a steel joist manufacture . I have make some variety of things.

@AnneWimsey I have published a book and would potentially have an invention. My invention isn't completely primary because of capitalism slavery.

@AnneWimsey I would look to have my own educational invention manufacturing arts entertainment and agriculture institute teaching all knowledge, understanding, wisdom, skill, craft, trade and college certification of every kind free from tuition, free from loans free from any fees so any and all homo sapians can enjoy the fullness of learning, teaching and all intellectual capabilities. Intellectual capabilities being the one major thing that separates homo sapian from any other known creature. BUT, I have no freedom from capitalism slavery.

You have cited & quoted from The Oracle on other, recent, posts...so either you are lying here, or are truly in need of a Doctor NOW!

I don't mind paying taxes.
You're being absurd.

There's real slavery going on in Asian fishing fleets , check Netflix documentary " Seaspiracy "

Nonsense. There are people who are still slaves in our world today, who are treated and trafficked as property by others, and your petty grievances against the normal rules of living in a civilised western society are risible by comparison. If you don’t like the rules of civilised society you are at liberty to opt out and go camp in the wilderness on your own, real slaves don’t have that luxury of autonomy and decision making.

There was a previous National Geographical article on slavery. The article described how a British family, living in Indonesia, had a female maid who they brought back to England. She worked for years for the family with no or little pay and often slept in a small area and ate separately. The kids all grew up with her never thinking she was basically their slave (she was treated well). Later they realized her status and were horrified. The article stated slavery exists around the world and even though our global population has risen exponentially over the last hundred years the percentage is low but the actual number is higher than ever. Another example of how statistics can be misleading.

Your assertions are wrong,. Slavery is the condition in which another person owns you as a piece of property -- pure and simple.

Why Ownership? for purposes of forced labor. Slavery isnt just about ownership.

@Word You just seem t want to change the definition of slavery to fit your point of view. Ownership is a necessary condition for something to be called slavery,

@wordywalt are you forced to be a citizen and have driver's license?

@wordywalt if slavery is specifically ownership of a person, what word then is used for forcing someone to work for greater benefit of the one forcing the labor?

Synonyms and antonyms of slavery:

slavery
noun
the state of being a slave.
Similar
bondage
enslavement
servitude
subjugation
thralldom
thrall
serfdom
vassalage
enthrallment
yoke
captivity
bonds
chains
fetters
shackles
peculiar institution
Opposite
freedom
liberty
emancipation

@Worno one is! When was the last time you Had to Own a car...and does anyone go house-to-house demanding to see a driver's license? No, because nobody Has to have one unless they Choose to own a car......you are Very confused abouo your own premise!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:595383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.