Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK I Thought I Was Possessed By The Devil. The Truth Shook My Deepest Beliefs. | HuffPost

This is how children are influenced by the magical thinking of the Catholic Church

HelenRoseBuck 6 May 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Primitive minds for primitive times welcome to the modern world.

Catholic Church is one of the most evil organizations of all time.

Epilepsy can exhibit itself in many and various forms.
The most well known are the Petit Mal and the Grand Mal Fitting episodes as anyone who has or knows someone suffering with Epilepsy can tell you.
However, there are what are loosely called 'Prelude Episodes/ Symptoms' that both may signal an on-coming Epileptic Fitting episode or even be a mere 'passing,' though NOT short term btw) 'short circuiting' between the two hemispheres of the brain.
For the most part, it is thought that Epilepsy is the resultant of, to use simpler terminologies, faulty wiring within and between the two hemispheres of the brain itself, similar, I suppose, to having an unlicensed and Untrained Electrician re-wire your house and connect the light switches to your Spa-bath, Refrigerator, etc, etc, instead of just the lights.
My youngest sister had Epilepsy from the age of about 2 years so I reckon I'm more than just 'familiar' with it I suppose.

It might be Disorder

Happened to me long before

Medical science will help you

It was a disorder and is referenced in the article

My daughter has epilepsy and had her first Grand Mal at age 12. Naturally I immediately sent her this article wondering if she'd had the petit mal seizures and thought they were something else.

I was fascinated by the hallucinatory connection and the seizures. I've always understood that the seizures left most people with no memory even of the seizure.

From the article, “ As crazy as my belief in demonic possession may seem, I believe even now that it was in many ways a rational, if not obvious, conclusion to come to under the circumstances. In my Catholic bubble, God and Satan were very much of this world. To appreciate how a kid could come to such a conclusion ― and then go to great lengths to both keep it a secret and self-exorcise his demons ― one must consider the Catholic worldview. As theologian Andrew Greely has written, Catholics believe, in essence, that objects, events and people can reveal God’s grace ― or the lack thereof.”

THIS is why children should not be I indoctrinated with religion. Being taught to believe that crap, his conclusion WAS logical, if not rational. So sad this man lived most of his youth feeling that the “something” wrong with him was his own fault.

I agree, but the job of religion is to teach us all that everything is our own fault. This is why we need Jebus. He will do bad things to us if we do not accept him and let him come into our heart.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:596460
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.