Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Texas lawmakers move to raise penalties on owners of Teslas and other electric vehicles | TheHill

#smh

And Elon Musk is considering moving his TrailTesla base to Texas. Guess that jokes on him. 🙄

SeaGreenEyez 9 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He is not considering he is. I have driven past the construction site. It is huge. Thete were a dozen cranes working on this factory. He has talked about building an under ground train to Austin for employees.

@SeaGreenEyez Austin welcomes every high tech company there is. They have taken one of the best cities in America and fucked it up unless you have a lot of money, which means primarily White people. They have pushed Black and Hispanic people out of their homes and neighborhoods as the property taxes are so high they can't afford them. Now many of those people are getting some outrageous amounts of money for their houses to start over in a neighboring town, but that leads to long commutes in a city that is in gridlock during rush hour and just bad traffic period except late at night. It has really changed the feel of the city and not in a good way for me. I am glad I lived there in the 70s, half of the 80s, and the early 90s. It was nearly perfect.

Simple switch to the uk system of an annual road tax, based on the size and weight of the vehicle.
The bigger your vehicle, the more you pay to offset your wear on the road surface.

I thought it was crazy until I read the article. Gasoline taxes fund road infrastructure. It's not unreasonable that EVs pay their fair share of such taxes, they are using the same roads. Calling this a "penalty" is misleading at best. I don't know if this bill is equitable, but the premise is sound.

@SeaGreenEyez I already said I don't know about how reasonable this proposal is, I don't even begin to know enough about how road funding works. But the premise is sound, if a gas tax to fund roads is reasonable, then it's not unreasonable to tax other road users comparably.

Just insane but that's Texas

bobwjr Level 10 May 15, 2021

He deserves what he gets. We don't.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:596776
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.