Agnostic.com

3 1

Regarding Critical Race Theory:

A good indication of the insanity and illegitimacy of an idea is the level of outrage incited by any opposition to the idea.

PBuck0145 7 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

CRT is a tool or a lens used to examine the law as it intersects with issues of race and to challenge mainstream approaches to racial justice. It has five major components or ideas: (1) the notion that racism is ordinary and not aberrational; (2) the idea of an interest convergence; (3) the social construction of race; (4) the idea of storytelling and counter-storytelling; and (5) the notion that whites have actually been recipients of civil rights legislation. So when looking at aspects of our legal systems like cash bail or incarceration rates or arrest records or arrest percentages there are organizing principles to make consistent conclusions regarding race based on the data and historical contexts and possibly illuminate new solutions. If you don’t like it then don’t use it.

Not that simple. The indoctrination of the children needs to be curtailed.

Is that an inverse relationship? The more rational the idea, the more outrage.

It is a direct, not an inverse, relationship.
Another example would be the reaction to the disagreement that "Islam is a religion of peace."

No I a racist. Everybody is. No outrage, no shame.

I figure if it's (racism) soaked in your blood. Don't say we ALL are.

@TimeOutForMe Agreed. We need to stop using things like skin colour as a criterion for any decision.

@TimeOutForMe bs

@Storm1752 if YOU ARE A RACIST and "bs" is YOUR response, it's a cop-out response and let it be just YOUR thinking in YOUR response. Don't "generalise" YOUR thinking or YOUR racism.

@TimeOutForMe You're making a bs statement. Racism in the context of a moral civil society and a just political system is not "soaked in blood." There are lots of flaws in human nature, some of them universal, like racism. As long as they:re acknowledged, dealt with, and kept under control, there's usually no problem
It's when people and/or groups sanctimoniously point fingers of self-righteous indignation at others, that one knows civil society is breaking down and the political system is corrupt.
Oh, sorry, there I go generalizing again.
It's very possible, likewise, to keep one's internal individualised racism under control, but you'd have to be a SAINT to actually, truthfully, claim not to be a racist, in my opinion. So what? There's nothing morally wrong with that.
What's wrong is acting on it in a harmful way, either in your personal conduct or by being a member of a group or organization which promulgates racist policies or laws.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:597050
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.