Agnostic.com

3 4

Surreal is the word for it. Weird times. A third o America has been on a diet of Fox News, Alex Jones, Ken Ham, and Rush Limbaugh for decades, where the facts are adjusted to fit the narative. This "audit" is just that, the Creation Museum of politics. No different that anti-evolution YECers, so there's essentially zero chance they will ever accept Trump's defeat.
Surreal GOP ‘Audit’ in Arizona Is Off the Rails—and Just Getting Started [thedailybeast.com]

Druvius 8 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As to what GOP-trifecta states are doing to voters, I read long ago that the Constitution requires a territory admitted as a state to provide a small-r republican government. A state isn’t allowed to be a tyranny.

I did a BING search and found Historically, Congress has applied the following general procedure when granting territories statehood:
The territory holds a referendum vote to determine the people's desire for or against statehood.
Should a majority vote to seek statehood, the territory petitions the U.S. ...
The territory, if it has not already done so, is required to adopt a form of government and constitution that are in compliance with the U.S. Constitution.

Now it looks like with the chain of custody lost, AZ may have to replace Maricopa county's voting machines. [rawstory.com]
At least that would be action on the side of security.

These conspiracy theories are frightening because they're believed much like religion. Think Salem Witch Trials and Blood Libels. We haven't evolved much since the Middle Ages.

Whoa! Choose pronouns more carefully.

You and I and others here have evolved. Theists haven’t.

@yvilletom We as a species. lol

@barjoe NO GENERALIZATION IS TRUE, even this one.

@yvilletom y r u yelling?

@barjoe I yelled because IMO, “We as a species” is a dogmatic defense for an emotion-driven choice of pronouns.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.