Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Nevada weighs public option as blue states eye health care reform | TheHill

Awesome development. Hopefully they'll carry through and show Biden how it's done.

Yeah, that'll not change anything, but I like to dream once in a while.

SeaGreenEyez 9 May 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It isn't Biden. You would have to get every Dem to vote for it and that will not happen. We got Obama care because he could not get all of the Dems on board for a better plan.

@SeaGreenEyez He can't get the Dems to do that either. In that job or either leaders job, if you try to do things you know can't be done, you don't force it. When you lose those contests you look weak and ineffective. This is why Boehner quit. He could get nothing done because the Tea Party would kill it, so he didn't bring it to the floor. He wanted to work with Obama. He knew how it was supposed to work. He and Obama were willing to negotiate, the Tea Party, now the Freedom Caucus, wanted no part of it. It is the way it works.

@SeaGreenEyez Democracy is about compromise. No one gets everything they want. Bush Jr was by far the weakest President in my lifetime and the weakest since Hoover. He let Cheney run the country until he was re-elected, but by then it was too late. He destroyed a good economy that Clinton handed him and got us in an unwarranted war costing us trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, mostly civilian. Senator Manchin is a huge obstacle for many things Biden would like to do including getting rid of the filibuster. You and I agree on pretty much everything, but I am a realist on how this works. I am a progressive as far as my ideals, but I know this is a centrist country and will be until my generation is gone, and maybe not even then, but I am hopeful. This is the largest, most diverse, and most complicated society in the history of the planet. It will never be easy.

@SeaGreenEyez Roughly 39% of registered voters are Dems. Roughly half of the Dems claim to be Progressive. So about 20% of voters are Progressive. Roughly 29% of voters are Republican and 29% are Indies, some leaning left and some leaning to the right. It is estimated only 8 to 10% of Indies are really Indies in any given election. This is the reality every President faces. No one group will get you anywhere. Compromises have to be made. This is exactly how democracies work and should work. We folks on the far left who demand all or nothing are no different than the people on the far right who demand the same. Your idea of a perfect President might not be the same as my idea of a perfect President who would not appeal to some of my friends perfect Presidential choice. This will NEVER change. Democracy is complicated, slow, messy, and cumbersome. This will NEVER change. Maybe it is so complicated it won't last, but it is what it is.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598035
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.