Agnostic.com

5 15

Savor nature. Something is always unfolding.

Yesterday while running on Riverfront trail, a raccoon dashed across the trail in front of me. It nimbly climbed a chain-link fence, flipped over the top and dropped to the ground. It quickly scuttled into the woods.

"What a gymnast!" I thought, amused.

"Did you see the raccoon?" I excitedly asked a man walking toward me. He was only 10 feet away. "No," he replied. How did he miss it?

To my delight, Honeysuckle bushes were blooming. At the end of my run, I lingered to smell and savor the fragrant flowers.

Soak up nature. Leave your phone at home. Breathe, look, listen, and feel. Something is always unfolding.

LiterateHiker 9 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Imo, there IS nothing better that to merely settle back and watch Nature as it goes about its business.
Even when I go bush to cut and collect firewood, it usually takes about 1-2 hours to cut and load up but the rest of the time is normally spent sitting around a small campfire enjoying Nature and all of its happenings.

One can learn much more from looking out into Nature than looking at one's phone.

I am always amazed when I travel with someone, their insistence on looking at their phone instead of what we are traveling through or to. I love soaking up nature, and love side trips with short hikes.

Words well spoken...

When I go for long walks, I am always looking at nature and the assortment of animals, I love honeysuckle, when I was a kid living in Sun Valley, Ca. we had a lot of honeysuckle bush lining the fence next to our bedroom window and the smell of honeysuckle use to come through our window in the early morning hours.
Ever since then I have always loved the smell of honeysuckle.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:598345
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.