Agnostic.com

4 14

People have discovered the magic of the whole Salish Sea.

Over Memorial Day weekend, I will water an elderly friend's plants. Billie is going to Lopez Island, WA with family. They will stay in the home of Billie's longtime friend who rents her vacation house on the island.

"Ellen left it too late to get a Friday ferry reservation," Billie said as she dropped off her house key. "We are leaving a day early on Thursday (today) at noon to catch the 6:00 p.m. ferry in Anacortes that we have a reservation for."

It will take them that long to drive 5 miles. After driving over the Cascade Mountains, they will hit massive traffic jams and slowdowns in the Seattle area. Memorial weekend traffic is extremely heavy.

People have discovered the magic of the whole Salish Sea. Ferry reservations are now required in Washington and Canada.

NOTE: These sunny photos are deceptive. It rains a lot in western WA and Canada.

"This is the first day we saw the sun in fourteen months," Claire said when I visited her on April 24, 2021 in western WA. "People have been going nuts. It's depressing."

LiterateHiker 9 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cleveland is starting to figure out that they have a lakefront that they could actually use for people. Beautiful area in there haven't been there since the 60s.

When I was in high school, we had an exchage trip in British Columbia. We spent a week there and then the students from B.C. spent a week at our place in Quebec. We went to the Gulf Islands, between Vancouver and Victoria and I stayed at Galiano Island. Beautiful place, nice people. Very tall trees and lots of old cars without rust.

@QuidanOutrepont

My artist ex-husband spends a week on Galiano Island each year. He has been going there to paint and sketch for over 20 years.

Beautiful area

bobwjr Level 10 May 27, 2021

I spent a week or so on Lopez a couple years ago and there was almost no rain. It IS a beautiful area. I got my 10,000 daily steps in by walking all the way from Anacortes to Lopez on the ferry.

@MsKathleen

You got lucky. Due to climate change, rain has increased in western WA and Canada.

I appreciate your support in the ridiculous post by the blowhard who claims older women have no interest in sex. He pay for sex with younger women. That says it all.

@LiterateHiker I don’t have a problem with it. He is getting the kind of sex he wants and is not hurting anyone. I think sex workers should be legalized. We already know it exists and there would be fewer victims (in sex workers) if women could manage their own business. That said, a man who wants a healthy sex life with his partner will take the time to learn how to have one. If a woman has no interest in sex, she may need help...or he may. There ARE some physical reasons women may not be interested in sex, but most of them can be cured. The nature of sex changes as we age, particularly when men‘s prostate problems flare. Smart men should already know by then what makes a woman happy physically. If they don’t, they are selfish and uncaring.

@MsKathleen I missed the post, but it seems more likely that the women he knows have no interest in having sex with a particular person, than that they have no interest in sex.

@Cyklone Since I do not know the man personally, I have no idea and would not make an assumption. From his photo, he appears to be what most women in his age range would consider attractive. Since he has a partner, that could be the thing that is a turnoff for the women he meets, as women are “usually” looking for more than a “strictly for sex” physical relationship, and he has stated that he has a stable intellectual and emotional relationship with his partner. Men and women generally think differently about sex. Men have no difficulty separating their sex life from the rest of their life, but women mostly want a three-pronged relationship, that includes intellectual, emotional, and physical. His partner has agreed to his having a separate physical relationship, and I think that is NOMB. All he did was unload about not being able to find a woman interested in a sex only relationship, so he pays for sex. That is HIS business, but he feels safe enough to talk about it on this site, so good for him. I believe the original post is in the “Sex Over Sixty” group. [agnostic.com]

@MsKathleen I don't know of any women over 60 who would be interested in a sex only relationship and not too many younger women are interested in sex with a much older man. I can see why he would use sex workers if that's what he was after. Well, that's how they make their money and no judgement here of that, but his judgement that women over 60 are less interested in sex is very inaccurate in my experience.

@Cyklone I believe that is pretty much what I said in the later part of my post.

@MsKathleen sorry, I edited while you answered. A few years ago there was a bit of an issue here with the church owned aged care facilities. They were most upset with the oldies "bedhopping" and we're talking about people in their late 80's plus. Clearly, older women not wanting sex isn't a general problem 😄

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:599409
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.