Agnostic.com

5 1

Are Atheist like the people who live outside of the Matrix? It is like we see outside the box of control and that there is more than just the inside of the cage of conformity. Christian Conformity, Patriotic Conformity, Pursuing Material more and more for happiness, etc. I believe this is destroying us all and the root of the problems. So, what I'm saying the system is destroying itself. What are your thoughts?

DragonFZ 5 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes Atheist do live outside the Matrix. Remember where the true power was in the movie? In BELIEF. Belief in yourself, in love, in the ability to be remarkable without surrendering your body and mind to "the great powers". To me, the people living outside the Matrix symbolized everything thing that you stand to gain without religion, mainly the ability to be free to all possibilities in consciousness.

Unfortunately, we're still stuck inside the matrix with all the religious nuts and other self-righteous idiots like Trump and Roy Moore. It's one thing to become aware of external control, quite another to do anything about it. But it's a start.

godef Level 7 Nov 30, 2017

You missed a few: Bush (even though I would rather have him than Trump... LOL), Cruz, Perry, Huckleberry (LOL)...

The difference between Christians / other believers in one god, and ourselves is that we believe in one less god.

If we believe a significant amount of the media then we are also in the matrix.

It works in some ways the other way around from the Matrix movie because the purpose of the Western World matrix is to make us deny all that is good and pay our weapons makers to destroy even whole nations that don't buy into our world view and therefore don't willingly obey us.

The problem with most Christians is that they don't believe their own high ideals, they don't believe in peace on Earth and they don't believe Philippians 4.8. And to them 'In god we trust' just means 'make more nukes'.

I believe to be a part of the Programming, you have to Christian. It's a factory for sheeps to follow without questions. It's training to obey by faith without evidence and hard to prove otherwise. Christians are set for authoritarianism.

In my experience it's politics that pushes their buttons and gets posts deleted

It certainly seems like they live in a bubble. A confusing one at that. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 30, 2017

The answer is in your post, grasshopper. You've listed attributes of the observed behavior among these people, but all the ones after the first are supposed to be contrary to Christianity. At least for the first 300 years, Christians were not materialistic and definitely not patriotic. Something happened to make a change. If you want to call that going into the box, fine, that's a great metaphor. The box contains a very warped version of spirituality.

While we're on the subject, what really gets me is what's going on in Myanmar. How is it possible to have Buddhist Monks who are violently nationalistic?

Ok, I know the last question... In some cultures, the buddhist monk is a warrior monk. The teaching varies as there are many different sects in Christianity and Islam and Buddhists.

I believe the change happened with the fall of Soviet Union. The identity and justification of Conservatives were against the evil empire and defense. When they lost this identity, the Christian Conservatives with their ready made control tools was taken over. It was created from Constantinople for political power and control. Christians will claim the Bible is "God inspired", but it was in a counsel of people with wealth and power to tame the poor.

In addition, the Christian message was Fire and Brimstone. The message transformed to feel good and presentation of problem and resolution by paying the church.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:5996
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.