Agnostic.com

2 2

Why do people think it's okay to interrupt you while you are talking on the phone?

I don't understand why people think it's okay to interrupt me while I'm talking on the phone? What is so damn important that you need to bother me? Staff came to clean my bathroom, I was on the phone. Just come in, clean, and don't try to get my attention. When people interrupt my conversation, I'm forced to rudely say, "WHAT?!" 2x in 2 days people have done that to me. It can wait! I'm rarely on the phone talking to people, I message more. I hate talking on the phone. This is one of the reasons why. Grrr...

Sarahroo29 8 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lack of respect , Self Important person, (SIMP).

Yes.

Inherent rudeness based on a sense of self-important entitlement seems to be the norm these days for a lot of people. The idea that my time is more important than yours, seems to have some how gotten in to the collective consciousness.
Assertiveness rather than aggression seems to be the answer, forceful politeness.
"Excuse me would you not mind interrupting while I am on the telephone? I would greatly appreciate your patience and understanding!"
"But I have to get on..."
"I do understand, thank you, so the quicker you let me finish, the quicker you can get on." Big smile.

I like that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:59984
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.