Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK What should I be aware of hiring a Jehovah’s Witness? I have a small business and considering hiring a JW. Do they have to “spread the word” at the workplace? - Quora

It's easier to not hire based on religion, even though it's illegal. If you fire an employee for proselytizing, that can be awkward and litigious. If other employees make fun of them, they can sue for hostile workplace. I'm glad I don't have to make that decision.

barjoe 9 May 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think that it's kind of a toss-up, and whether the pros outweigh the cons will depend on the type of business being conducted.

On the one hand, they do seem to feel compelled to spread the word. If they are likely to spend a large amount of one-on-one time with customers or co-workers, this could be a problem.

On the other hand, they don't celebrate holidays! If you want to stay open on these days, with minimal haggling amongst your staff, you might consider adding a JW or two.

Hell no! I just would never hire them but I'd just tell them I found a more qualified applicant

They will preach until the cows come home, it is in their programming and that's some intense programming. I grew up as a JW and I once hired a JW framing crew, I could not wait for the project to be framed out so I could get them the hell off my job site, I didn't even call them back for deficiencies.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:600127
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.