Agnostic.com

8 2

Anyone else feeling like we are the last group totally discriminated against?

We are rational. Religion has caused most of the suffering in this world

Lily 2 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes. Half the time I'm very low profile about my belief in gods, due to not believing in God is taboo for many people, and they can be quite cruel. As a matter of fact, this is the first site where I've been able to cone out and feel safe around others.

There is a band in Australia that sang a song called 'Jesus saves white Anglo-saxon protestant pricks like me'. Does that answer you question?

where can i get that song ??

@Billyboy1942 spotify, youtube, type in lyrics, should eventually flush it out.

No, I don't feel like the last group totally discriminated against. Religious zealots, white supremacists, and reactionary political demagogues don't like ANYBODY who disagrees with them!

Yes, there is an 'unhinged outstation' here at the moment (Milos Yiannopolous) who has caused so much of a fracas at a number of his speaking engagements that the authorities, police, have given him a bill of $50k for the damage done to and by protesters. But of course that is exactly the response he wants, attention grabbing, free controversial press to push his causes.

no, all groups are discriminated against by other groups. we do tend to come across religion in places like courts which is terrible. let's face it if your swearing to tell the truth because of a stupid book is going to help or even save your ass you're going to do it.

Religion is an endemic and needs to be eradicated.

I have been let go from jobs by super religious supervisors when they found out that I was an atheist.

My boss knows I'm an atheist. She believes in god. One day, she messaged me this whole delusional story of how she saw jesus in her dreams. I asked if she was on medication. Lol. I also asked if she was okay and where did my boss go?

I think that it is if you live in the US not so much in Canada except in rural southern Alberta where I live. Most European countries don't treat us like outcasts.

Yes, I do! It's hard to believe that we (Atheists) are made to feel less than legitimate than any other group. At least I do when I consider myself being told I can't do this or that, even with me being a war veteran. I guess some folks don't realize I went into the service because I was ordered to, not because I wanted to. But I served two years and when I got out people still consider me not an American. What is wrong with religious folks?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6015
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.