Agnostic.com

2 3

As I’ve continued to free my mind from the 30+ years of brainwashing, and indoctrinated , There is one thing that has really stuck out to me. For 30 years, I’ve been told that the Bible is the ultimate truth. The Bible was 100% accusrate with no mistakes.

The truth is the Bible is full of fables and there is probrably less than 5% of the Bible that can actually be proven and the stories and characters in it are more than like fictitious . Yet Christians go around proclaiming it to be inerrant.

abyers1970 7 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The biblical text is a work of genius. It does, however, require genius to rightly divide the biblical text.

Brainwashing, indoctrination or being infected by the mind virus organism as described by illogical atheist Richard Dawkins can occur.

It has been only recently in the past few months that I have come to an understanding of the "meme" mind virus as described by illogical atheist Richard Dawkins. I use this phrase loosely, to be in a funny way, but to say: "God works in mysterious ways". I find it funny that the illogical atheist Richard Dawkins "meme" mind virus is the best "biological " way to understand how one theme of the biblical text is that Jesus character is a "meme" that developed and evolved into a person.

I have written posts explaining this, but I would have to look thru my profile to find the links to the posts that I have already explained.

Word Level 8 June 7, 2021

If you have an inerrant code to work from, then you gain two benefits. Firstly, you do not have to make any effort or think about any issues, address any moral questions, or find the strength to live with uncertainties. It is the ultimate, lazy and cowardly, get-out.

While secondly, if you pick as your inerrant source a book, which is mixed up and ambiguous, complex and compiled from the writings of hundreds of authors, over centuries, then you can find in it justification for anything you want to believe just by picking the bits you want, or interpreting them. Yet you can then however claim that whatever you wish, has far greater authority than anyone else's opinion, because it is backed by an inerrant source, perhaps directly from god.

You may notice that these two are in complete contradiction, and the second is not even logical anyway.

But if you take a book which tells everyone they are correct on everything, however wrong they may be, and confirms that, by using its imagined absolute authority, then it is likely to be popular.

This is a good analysis. What I am advocating is a complete change to rely on a version of science method to determine the truth. Versions of flexible rules will be needed to quell the riots on discoveries of truth and a compassionate force to back them up by encouraging discussion on a biblical scale.

Great analysis. I would also like to add the key element in all of this which is the linchpin for belief in this inerrant book is the fear of Going to Hell. Without Hell and fear of punishment, I believe very few people would actually believe in the bible. The threat of Hell makes people believe it even though their logical mind questions it. The general idea then becomes "God works in mysterious ways". I believe this is a way of saying it doesn't make any sense whatever to me but i have to believe that god knows what is best or i'm going to hell.

@abyers1970 Yes that is very true. The other big thing of course is social conformity, wanting to fit in not be different and not rock the boat.

@Fernapple Yes that's true as well.No worse peer pressure than from religion

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:601854
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.