Agnostic.com

3 2

Elderly nun faces 40 years for stealing to support gambling

[bbc.com]

xenoview 8 June 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The nun gets jail because of a money crime. Priest get nothing done to them for raping little children.

I have heard enough embezzling stories to know that you need to properly audit ANYONE who has access to cash on a regular basis. That she got away with such huge amounts over such a long time shows it was a terrifically badly managed school, hopefully people were fired.

Correct. & then at least a yearly audit by an independent firm to double check that. It actually would have protected the nun, too. You won't be sticking your hand in the cookie jar if Mom is right there watching.

@phxbillcee Yerp. It's crazy. Knew a friend that partly owned a company that was making millions a year. They didn't twig there was a problem until the third year in a row profits were only $500.

@Druvius 'Easy' money can just be too much of a temptation. & I deliberately count out money, when needed, even with good friends & family. Just ensures things from the start & avoids potential misunderstandings or problems down the line. Tho I'm on a strict budget & money only means so much to me, it can be a potential landmine in all sorts of situations. Better safe & above-board.

At least she stole from RCC. Fuck them anyway.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:602435
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.