Agnostic.com

3 8

LINK In Uplifting Video, an Atheist Dying of ALS Talks About Living for the Moment | Hemant Mehta | Friendly Atheist | Patheos

He was a former minister who decided what he believed was wrong, and first went agnostic them atheist.

Follow link for video.

snytiger6 9 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love how he said, "You don't decide one day, 'I'm and atheist.' It's not a decision. Instead it's a conclusion you came to."

At age six, I concluded the Bible is just a book of stories or fables written by men. Like Aesop's Fables. Despite being forced to attend Sunday school, I never believed in an invisible god.

At age 12, I put my foot down. "Mom, I'm an atheist," I said. "I don't want to go the church anymore." "That's fine, honey," she replied. "What do you want for dinner?"

"I became an atheist in nursing school when I realized a woman cannot turned into salt," Mom said dryly when I was 35. She laughed.

Thanks for this post. The message is very powerful but put in such a gentle way.

It's sad Dave has ALS. I have seen on AXP with Matt. He is strong and brave.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:605402
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.